Find dive apps limiting? Try a new way to discover dive sites, log and share dives stories

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

So why would I pay to use an app that doesn’t have information on my dive sites. I go off grid and dive unknown sites. Why should I disclose those so they become crowded.
Hey you can log your dive sites as private or “hidden”. You have a choice to publish a dive site (GPS location) or keep it private. And even if the site is private you still can get all the weather info of that grid location.

Do share any other thoughts, would love to learn more and improve the app offering! Do join the waitlist and feel free to DM me! Happy to chat

The app has about 9000+ dive sites and lot of marine life species to help with logging. I have collected this data mostly with the help of different forums and folks at dive shop who pointed me to different sources.
I'm still curious how you sourced your data. Source is very important because you may not be allowed to use other people's information and because it might be out of date. Out of date information is pretty dangerous in case of wrecks.

Maybe you could share few examples from European dive sites?

I'm still curious how you sourced your data. Source is very important because you may not be allowed to use other people's information and because it might be out of date. Out of date information is pretty dangerous in case of wrecks.

Maybe you could share few examples from European dive sites?
Please send me a DM and I'd be happy to lookup share some information around a few European dive sites. Although, the information captured; location, site description, rating, avg dive time, avg depth, visibility is updated periodically and is merely for the sake of awareness and doesn't introduce any threats to safety (Will include a disclaimer). And more mission critical information for example the weather info of a dive site is from NAOO realtime weather data.

Also would love to learn more on what else can be done to improve awareness about a dive site and the dive.

Please send me a DM and I'd be happy to lookup share some information around a few European dive sites. Although, the information captured; location, site description, rating, avg dive time, avg depth, visibility is updated periodically and is merely for the sake of awareness and doesn't introduce any threats to safety (Will include a disclaimer). And more mission critical information for example the weather info of a dive site is from NAOO realtime weather data.

Also would love to learn more on what else can be done to improve awareness about a dive site and the dive.
Suppose that I want to dive:
  • Kyarra (incredibly popular and easy British wreck dive)
  • Attersee (popular Austrian lake for the landlocked year-round diving)
  • Emergence du Ressel (France)
  • MV Karwela (Malta)
What information would we get out of the app?

Adding a disclaimer, is telling us you have no confidence in the information on your site.

What would I get from your site for the UK dive site, WK Breda.

You may want to join the subsurface mailing list and offer to contribute some modules that integrate with the existing popular open source app.

Oh it has accepted your waitlist sign up request, I'll fix the acknowledgment message! Thanks
Operator error!

Now I've read your Privacy Policy.

You've left yourself wide open to being sued for breaching EU, UK and (so I understand it) California data protection legislation.

Adding a disclaimer, is telling us you have no confidence in the information on your site.

You
Honestly if you rely blindly on any dive app for your safety when it comes to locating a dive site then that is on you.

What happened to being a thinking diver? What happened to taking responsibility for your own diving?

Garmin has a similar concepts in their application but far more limited with less dive sites AFAIK. I am sure you cannot hold them responsible for inaccurate information. Heck maritime navigation maps may not be 100% accurate.

OP ignore the negativity and soldier on

You
Honestly if you rely blindly on any dive app for your safety when it comes to locating a dive site then that is on you.

What happened to being a thinking diver? What happened to taking responsibility for your own diving?

Garmin has a similar concepts in their application but far more limited with less dive sites AFAIK. I am sure you cannot hold them responsible for inaccurate information. Heck maritime navigation maps may not be 100% accurate.

OP ignore the negativity and soldier on
I’m interested in the basics like. What operators go there or would I need my own boat, what’s is depth, which tide tables would I need to study, where’s the nearest deco chamber, what level of diver do I need to be, is a drysuit required. All pretty basic.

I’m not expecting the App to calculate my gas requirements or tell me the dive profile, that’s for me.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom