Finders keepers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sdexcalibur

Reaction score
Just wanted to hear the different interesting things people have found while down below . It could have some value or just something interesting.
Steve

Near a marina on local lake. Must have blown off a house boat during a storm. One of just a couple of my many found 'treasures' that my wife/buddy appreciates

I once found a UK uw light, this monster takes 8 D battaries and has a redundant bulb built in. And it still worked, I took it on a night dive the next week

Found a boat that was lost in a storm several years earlier. Lots of fishing tackle aboard. Couldn't reach owner, kept fishing gear. We removed the gas tanks and batteries to avoid polution.

Through the years: Numerous boat anchors
Fishing rods and reels
Fishing and boating accy.
Dive lights
Weightbelts / weights
Nikon camera with last frame of a big cuda
Mask, snorkles, fins
Cast nets
Bathing suit tops ( always try to return !)
Tripple band speargun and single fin with
half moon chunk missing, heh, heh, heh.
Dive watches
Lobster bags with bugs ( all legal )
Pot, off a 100ft. wreck ( soggy, nasty )
Brass pins off a Key Largo wreck ( oops )

And that's about all that time and good taste will allow.

I found a backup light that looked just like mine, which was good, since it turned out that it WAS mine, and that I had unknowingly dropped it.

On my OW dive, I found a mask my instructor had lost the year before.

On one of my recent dives (in FL) I found a lobster-tool with a goody-bag attached. Inside the bag was a puffer fish, all puffed up! With a great deal of caution, I opened the bag and used the end of the lobster-tool to push the puffer fish out of the bag (not easy since the spines on the puffer fish kept catching on the mesh of the bag.) After it was free it swam away (still puffed!) I gave the lobster-tool to the DM afterwards (no lobster in Oregon) and kept the bag, which was in brand-new condition.

otter-cat:wink:

Otter-cat -

Cool story! You built some good Karma with that deed...

Happy Diving,

Scuba-sass :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom