Finding a hard rolling case

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I'm trying to find a place where I can purchase a hard rolling case, which would house a Ikelite which holds a Canon 30D w/strobe. The padding inside would have to be custom to fit the housing, camera and lenses. Any suggestions?:confused:

The Pelican 1510 isn't bad either. Also the HPRC 2550.

One thing I've found frustrating is that different airlines seem to have different rules for carry on luggage sizes. Whatever you buy, make sure its not larger than your favorite airline allows. (And be aware that the commuter microjets will gate check anything of this size anyway.)

The 1510 is too small to carry a full DSLR kit, IMHO. I used one with my P&S, but couldn't get my DSLR kit in it.
I now have a hard rolling case by Seahorse. It is bigger in a dimensions, but still fits in the pipe "templates" used to measure carry-on bags at the airport.
Here are comparison photos of the 1510 and Seahorse cases.

1362542913_6061322358_o.jpg

This is the Seahorse with the padded dividers from the 1510. You can see the packing difference. This is my P&S rig.

1362542919_fd3073dfb6_o.jpg

This is the case with my DSLR rig. I still don't have room for my 8 inch dome, sadly....

2250767287_17eb6827de_o.jpg

Did you say which model of Seahorse case that is? Thx.

Thanks for the info. My daughter is the photo nut and will be going on a cruise w/her mom in the fall. I wanted her stuff to be protected. I still have no idea what she will do when she goes on the excursion. At least this is a start!

Thanks again

If it needs to be rolling, I recommend the Storm cases instead of Pelican, quite a bit lighter and with better latches. Why not a backpack. I fit a Subal housing, strobe, two bodies, lenses and port in a Think Tank backpack. No big problem.
BIll

Back
Top Bottom