Fins feel loose in drysuit, feet clench and cramp

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

How do you put on the fin keepers?

(I have rock boots)

How do you put on the fin keepers?

(I have rock boots)

I don't see how they would work with Rock Boots, or what they would accomplish. The original poster has flexible TurboSoles.

My drysuit is a Waterproof hybrid D1 with integrated boots. I have found that when my fins feel loose I have put too much air in the suit. If I let out enough so my boots feel good, its just right. I have hollis F1 & F2 fins with spring clips which I love. I use F1 fins on my dry suit as they are heavier, and F2 when I travel as they are light and I am usually in a 5 mm wetsuit.

I tried the fin keepers today. I needed help getting them on the first time, but I was able to get them on myself for the second dive by leaving them around my ankles between dives. They worked like a dream! Solved the foot cramps as well as the fin straps sliding off. Very comfortable. I highly recommend them to anyone with a soft boot.

I normally just wear them over the turbo sole, and then put the fins on overtop ....

Just make sure you have an extra one in your S-A-D kit, as it will be sad when one does eventually break on you ...

_R

Thanks Ralph. I had them outside my fin straps. I can see how inside would be easier. Not sure it would work as well but I'll give it a shot and see. I'll grab an extra pair too. Good idea!

Assuming that the boots are the right size then the fin keepers would help.

Nobody mentioned the fins. If the foot pocket of the fin is too large then you'll have this feeling too. It's conceivable that the boot is the right size but the fin is not, which would mean everyone's offering the wrong "solution".

R..

@rongoodman you're right - I missed that. Its hard to imagine how they would keep anything if they're just inside it, but I'm looking forward to trying it to see.

@Diver0001 - the fins are a struggle to get my boot and foot into as it stands. I can't imagine getting into a smaller fin. These are the same fins I use with wet boots.

Thanks again!

@rongoodman you're right - I missed that. Its hard to imagine how they would keep anything if they're just inside it, but I'm looking forward to trying it to see.

@Diver0001 - the fins are a struggle to get my boot and foot into as it stands. I can't imagine getting into a smaller fin. These are the same fins I use with wet boots.

Thanks again!
Vam great news I'm glad the fin straps worked , great idea on having extra pair with you in case you lose one or if one breaks.

Back
Top Bottom