Fins for Navy SEALs/coast guard?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We use both(rockets & jets)....the schools(US Army CDQC, USAF Combat Diver, USMC Combat Diver, BUD/S phase2) phased-out the rocket fins & replaced them w/ jet-fins. I use both my old issued rocket fins & jet fins for training. When you get to an operational unit, you pretty much buy what you want (it's a privilege for special-operational units)...some guys in my team use power fins, some use turtle fins..although we all have rockets & jets. We also have different fins for different purposes like water jumps(both planes & helicopters) like bio fins. Most of the time it's operator preference really. When you're going through the different courses as a trainee you will be using the Jet Fins. If you want nice easy fins, don't use these coz a lot of people don't have enough leg-strength built up to use them for a long time (unless you know you're strong enough of course). When you get used to them, they're not bad at all.

They issue out different fins for different purposes. Standard issue now is Jetfins for the schools (US Army CDQC, USMC Combat Diver, USAF Combat Diver). It's really operator preference man. I use both my old-issued rockets & my jets. If you're looking for nice easy fins man, only use these if you know you have enough leg strength to go on for long periods of time. Rocket fins & jet fins don't get broken in, they'll break you in.

Walter:
When I observed the training taking place at the US Navy base in Panama City a couple of years ago, all the students were wearing Rockets. The instructors looked like a typical dive boat, they had some of everything.

Yeah, they phased out the rockets for USAF Combat Diver, US Army CDQC & USMC Combat Diver & replaced them w/ jet fins.

Eh. Nice pic.
Public can access the official web site to check out the list for the equipment Navy is using, of course there are other part of the site for which we need passwords.
This is a very interesting web site, we can see the regulator Navy use for regular temp and low temp etc.

For the fins, let's see.... I think people here are providing more info....
they are allowed to use different types of commercial product:

http://www.supsalv.org/webapp/anu/home.asp?user=public
e.g. fins would be Section 001 -> 1.9 Scuba accessories

Enjoy!

Spoon:
they are in fact using the rocket fins, check em out

http://navyseals.zoovy.com/category/6.3/

but the seal on the pic below is using scubapro jetfins

note the variety of these other seals, one is using a force fin

mvc-044f.jpg

Well ...maybe it's my old military background. Dunno, but I've got 2 pair of USD Rockets and they'll have to rot off my feet before I'll replace them. Bought my first set in 1971 (smaller size that fit over tropical booties) and then about 5 years later I got a pair with the larger foot holder so that I could wear thicker booties. About the only thing I've done with them, other than rinse and apply a light coat of silicon after every dive trip, is to drill 2 small holes near the toe end of the foot holder for drainage.

I've tried a lot of different fins and keep on coming back to my tried and proven Rockets. About the only thing that ever came close was a pair of black Force Fins that I borrowed (but unfortunately had to give back)

'Slogger

What?? no split fins??? I thought they were the greatest fins in the world!
I still believe that diving has hit it's pinnacle with the Jets, and Rocks. Why look any further than perfection!

I counted 4 different fins in that photo:

From left to right:
Force fins (cus I reconised the top of the Bungie Heel Strap)
Scubapro jets
Aqualung rocket fin 2 (from the vent design and the mounting hole at the top of the fin)
Force fins of couse :D

SangP

Ill ask my friend today at work. He just got out of the marines as a recon guy.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom