Fire at La Choza

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubawife

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I read online in a paper this morning that there was a big fire at La Choza overnight on Sunday. The rigged up wiring to their electric sign shorted out. At least nobody was hurt. Hopefully the rebuild will go smoothly and they can find a better way to work the electrical connection to the sign.

This was the photo in the online version of Diario today.

incendio2.jpg

God bless them. Thankfully no one was injured. I'm hoping for a speedy recovery for them. Thanks for sharing this photo of the fire.

Was it like 3 years ago there Palapa roof was burned up? They need some good luck for a change! Wife looks forward to their Margaritas and we will be there Oct 7-10.

Yep, same exact thing happened last year about this time in the wee morning hours. They'll be back up and running in about 2 weeks.

Christi, is this the 2nd or the 3rd La Choza fire?

They story mentioned also being very lucky that the propane tanks didn't explode.... it's time they get some proper electrical work done. (Then again, that probably applies to about 1/3 of the places down there, doesn't it?)

Christi, is this the 2nd or the 3rd La Choza fire?

They story mentioned also being very lucky that the propane tanks didn't explode.... it's time they get some proper electrical work done. (Then again, that probably applies to about 1/3 of the places down there, doesn't it?)

Actually, I think it was the 3rd or 4th!

Alot more electrical fires lately than I've noticed before. My next door neighbor had an electrical fire two weeks ago, burned her entire office down.

It was a Sunday afternoon, I knew she was off island visiting family...I was in my back yard playing with my dogs and I noticed the smoke coming from her back window. I called the Bomberos and they were here in literally 4 minutes. I was impressed. Not quick enough to save the office, but they saved the rest of the house, her car, and the big beautiful tree that we share. I'm just glad I went outside when I did...or I wouldn't have noticed until it had engulfed the rest of the house and her car that was parked in the driveway behind a locked gate that I didn't have a key to!

La Chosa = awesome tortilla soup!!
And I love their dip - even tho they don't take Travelers Checks! Was there a week ago. It's not a cheap place, surprised they keep having problems - and wish them well getting back going...
[c]
98t404.jpg

[/c]

Back
Top Bottom