Fire Destroyed White's Dive Shop

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They are going to be at Fisgard and Blanshard. They should be up and running by the weekend, so I hear from the fishes.

naclydogg:
They are going to be at Fisgard and Blanshard. They should be up and running by the weekend, so I hear from the fishes.

At the old Gold's Gym across from their old store, eh?. The rumour was correct.

Though I didn't realize they were THAT close to opening! Good to see. Hopefully they don't have a hard time getting the word out.

- ChillyWaters

I don't think they will be running full go. Just a cardboard box for a counter, and a telephone. And Howie out back filling up tanks with a bicycle pump

naclydogg:
I don't think they will be running full go. Just a cardboard box for a counter, and a telephone. And Howie out back filling up tanks with a bicycle pump

Hahaha... I might have to drop in and see if they have any dry suits yet... I think I've decided to go dry. Perhaps I'll consider it my treat when I hand in my dissertation... that is, if I really needed an excuse.

- ChillyWaters

FWDS is now open, I was in on the weekend. My beloved 23 year old DACOR 950XL reg (and CALYPSO 5 second stage Octo) was in for repair when the fire occured. Gord was very good at getting me a new replacement eventhough my reg was virtually worthless.The shop is still a little bare but they are building up the imventory. Gord said they bought back all the old shop inventory and are going to have a big "fire" sale. Alot of stuff is still OK just very dirty.

West is Best:
FWDS is now open, I was in on the weekend. My beloved 23 year old DACOR 950XL reg (and CALYPSO 5 second stage Octo) was in for repair when the fire occured. Gord was very good at getting me a new replacement eventhough my reg was virtually worthless.The shop is still a little bare but they are building up the imventory. Gord said they bought back all the old shop inventory and are going to have a big "fire" sale. Alot of stuff is still OK just very dirty.

I stopped in a few days ago to see the new location. I was surprised to see the old whiteboard with the drawings of local critters was saved. The place seemed empty in terms of stock when I was there; but that's to be expected. I did notice they had some of the new Apeks BP/W's though.

Any idea when they will have a sale? I didn't have much time to chat when I was there. I wondered what happened to the old equipment.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom