First dive computer

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pricing really depends on the location. If you are in EU, for example, I have no doubt that you can get a comparable Ratio for much less than a Shearwater.

In the US, however, the prices are pretty similar. Ratio does offer several versions of the same computer, so even in the US you can get a Ratio for a bit less if you are willing to lose some functionality. Hardware wise, it's the same computer, just has some features turned off in the firmware. You can upgrade those later, though. Shearwater's line is full featured. So comparing prices between a Perdix AI and a Ratio iX3M Tech+ you'll see that the Ratio is actually $5.00 more.

The big drawback at this point with Ratio is availability in the US. Using Ratio's Dealer locator, I count a total of 4 dealers in the state of FL. Two are pretty close to where I live, and two are in SEFL. The rest of the state has a real long drive to find a dive shop that carries them. By contrast, Shearwater has nearly 90 dealers throughout the state. Many in the same two areas as Ratio, but many spread throughout the state as well.

The big drawback at this point with Ratio is availability in the US.
Even worse in Oz, and I don't think I've heard anyone praising their customer service like Shearwater. To be fair though, the Ratio would be my only other consideration if I didn't have my Perdix.

A Mini Minor and a Ferrari are different prices too, what's your point?
:facepalm:

Buy a Ferrari because it's from Shearwater, duh
iu

I've found Ratio's customer service to be excellent. I've had a few one on one interactions with them, fixing a bug with their toolbox the next day, and helping me with some user error issues.

I'm in Australia, and bought from their website. Quick and efficient.

Back
Top Bottom