First Gear Setup

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Get the Suunto Cobra with Air integrated instead - it can measure rate of breathing, give you the number of minutes left on your tank, and adds calculations about nitrogen build-up based on work load (via rate of breathing).

I do not believe that this is true.

If it were then given my rather poor SCR my Viper and my Cobra would disagree about NDL's since the Viper cannot measure breathing rate and I've never seen even 60 seconds disparity.

My 2c on air integration.

When I bought the Cobra I really believed their was a great deal of added value to air integration, having dove both the Cobra and Viper on a number of dives, I now find that during the dive my Cobra is little more than an expensive hard to read pressure guage.

The only thing I would really miss going to a simple pressure gauge is it's ability to log Delta PSI for the dive, since I use it to calculate my SCR in my log book.

just bought some new stuff that's been on the shelf a couple years of a closed dive shop
cressi fxpro reg and octopus - this LOOKS like a good regulator (swivels, lots of ports, big hose) but I don't know anything yet - anybody can give me pointers> Several LDS service them.
cressi bc - dont know model - blue & silver pretty nice
uwatec wrist compass (i HATE consol compasses on rental rigs)
spare air kit - can't figure how to attach it to me - it's just a smooth aluninum bottle with a breather ona top.
bigass knife
still need a spg - got a couple months to look around. too cold for me to dive
also have a hyperstretch 5mm jumpsuit and beany - it's still too cold to dive
tusa fins mask, boots etc personal gear.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom