First Oil Rig Dive... scared or should I be?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nat Geo TV just debuted a new series titled Delta Divers about GOM commercial divers.

Nat Geo TV just debuted a new series titled Delta Divers about GOM commercial divers.

Interesting timing... the industry is going to need positive publicity anywhere they can get it!

Ike aka "Nielsen laughed at me"

You by no means are an AOW diver with 14 dives. If you have to ask, then yes, you should be scared.

LOL LOL, couldn't have said it more perfectly myself.

You kinda set yourself up on this one, man. Don't describe your brief dive history as a variable to advanced divers and then not listen to them when they tell you what they think. Just say you wanna dive an oil rig and ask them to compare and contrast that to what you normally dive. Anyways, if you end up going then have fun and be safe. Hasta.

R

Hey Robibler, you realize this thread is like 2 years old, right? Well just the same, I'm sure the OP appreciates your help. :)

Sure, careers are made doing saturation diving. Do a search on "saturation diving" and "oil rigs" and you will come up with a ton of information.

Thanks Scubagolf... wanting to find out if my diver friend is telling me the truth that he stayed 14 days underwater whilst being an oil rig diver?? Pardon my ignorance...

Hmmm. Ya' notice he never re-posted? Wonder if that bodes ill?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom