First Photos with my D70 and Kit Lens

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Detonate

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
Thanks to the miracles of Ikelite and Ryan, I was able to get all the pieces together for my D70 before my cozumel trip next week.

I went out to the lake and shot a few shots.

These are with the kit lens and a +4 diopter. I tried the camera without the Diopter, but it wouldn't focus on anything without it.

fish01.jpg

F/4.5, 1/160, ISO 200, 62mm

fish02.jpg

F/6.3, 1/60, ISO 200, 70mm

fish03.jpg

F/6.3, 1/125, ISO 200, 70mm

sun.jpg

F/3.5, 1/1000, ISO 200, 18mm

I have to say, I am really really liking this setup, although it's going to take me a long time to get used to it.

Hey...I know those guys! :D

Very nice! I love the sunrays in that last one. What was your exposure EXIF?

Those pics are real clear. Looks like your ready for the trip.

Cool, another D70 user. I definitely would like to see more samples with the kit lens since I only bought the camera and now think about getting the kit lens as well, or possibly the new Sigma 18-120mm (I think, forgot the range exactly).

Glad you got to test it out before your trip!

I look forward to seeing your images from Coz and to hearing about your trip - any pointers would be great as we are there for the first time at the end of August!

Have a great time.

Ok, I added the exposure info to the original post.

I had a very hard time capturing those sunrays in that shot. I tried a lot of different things, from a closed down apeture with a slow shutter, to wide open with a fast shutter speed.

I'm still not convinced that the way I took that shot is the correct way, as I had trouble reproducing those results...

Guess I need more practice! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom