First Pics in Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

idratherbedivin

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
It took me a while to finally get these online, I had a lot of trouble with shutterfly. I don't know if I can put a picture from shutterfly into this thread but I can at least try. These pictures are from Grand Cayman at the end of December. I used a Fuji e900 that I had just gotten with the ikelite housing. I didn't have a strobe and this was my first try at underwater photography. Constructive criticism is welcomed. The whole gallery is here http://whitmandive.shutterfly.com/action/

French Angelfish

slideshow

Goldentail Moray

slideshow

Young Queen Angelfish

slideshow

edit: oh well i guess putting the pics right into the thread didn't really work, the links should work though

Thanks a lot. I have read that you are supposed to shoot up but never really known the reason. What does shooting up really do other than change the background? Any tips on how to get closer, on most of the fish I tried to get close too they just hid (especially the little blennies and gobies)?

awesome pictures man the french angelfish is great. my roommate and i will be going down to the grand caymans in a year and he is big into photography i hope half his pictues look that good

ok so i put some of the photos on photobucket so i could post them in the forum. More will come soon but here are a few

Christmas Tree Worms (one of my favorite photos I have taken)

DSCF0714.jpg

Turtle

DSCF0886.jpg

Spotted Moray

DSCF0733.jpg

Gray Angelfish

DSCF0735.jpg

Really nice shots. Love the Christmas tree worm.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom