First Pics Oly 5060

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Great pictures! Lots of vibrant color...it really does look like you used an external strobe. I have the C8080 but I'm still going to check out splashdowndivers.com for some tips.

thepurplehammerhead - I'm headed to Puerto Galera and Dumagette in November. I have the same setup as you (C8080, pt-023, S&S YS25). If you wouldn't mind, please post your pictures when you get back and give maybe give me some tips on what works best. I was in Puerto Galera last November and used my camera setup for the first time. I got a lot of great shots, but have I've learned a bunch sinced then and can't wait to go again. My biggest problem was that there was way too much to see and not enough time to photograph it all.

Jeni

fatsuki:
Great pictures! Lots of vibrant color...it really does look like you used an external strobe. I have the C8080 but I'm still going to check out splashdowndivers.com for some tips.

thepurplehammerhead - I'm headed to Puerto Galera and Dumagette in November. I have the same setup as you (C8080, pt-023, S&S YS25). If you wouldn't mind, please post your pictures when you get back and give maybe give me some tips on what works best. I was in Puerto Galera last November and used my camera setup for the first time. I got a lot of great shots, but have I've learned a bunch sinced then and can't wait to go again. My biggest problem was that there was way too much to see and not enough time to photograph it all.

Jeni

Ditto for me too, I am planning for an RP trip next June. I used film on the last trip, using digital (8080) next time. If you could post your pictures also, good or bad it would help us all if we discuss them. I am getting some great ideas from Nick and the rest of the 8080 gang. It would be nice to showcase the under sea beauty of Philippines in the best “light” possible.

My first tips would be shoot for color and sharp focusing. Since there is a lot of wall diving, start the deep dive first and work your way up the wall, this way you are already in a position of shooting in an upward direction towards the surface.

Dive Safe

Al

not trying to be pushy, but can anyone answer the question I asked earlier: -

"Messing around with the camera, I can't get the flash to work on Super Macro - anyone know whether this will be the same with the slave strobe?"

I'm off in 72 hours :D WooHoo!

thepurplehammerhead:

"Messing around with the camera, I can't get the flash to work on Super Macro - anyone know whether this will be the same with the slave strobe?"

I have a C-5050, not an 8080, and I really know nothing about the 8080, but assuming they work the same.....

In Super Macro mode the internal flash isn't available. If you have an external strobe, you set the cameras internal flash to 'slave' in order to trigger the strobe. A true slave strobe will be triggered off another one and doesn't need to be connected in any way to the camera, so I'm not sure exactly which type of flash you're asking about.

thepurplehammerhead:

Go to supermacro, set to slave, set level.. it should fire off.. btw u should be in manual mode.. not auto.

It apparently works for the 8080 but not the 7070 :frown:

Aha,

I see a problem - my strobe is Sea & Sea YS25, triggered by the internal strobe via fibre optic cable, so, no internal flash = no signal = no strobe = no well lit macro shots.

Please tell me i am wrong

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom