First Pics Oly 5060

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jghflash

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
These are my first pics with my Oly C-5060 and PT-020 using the internal flash. Some of you guys that really know what you're doing.......give me some tips, advice, suggestions, etc. I feel pretty good about what I got for the first time using the camera but I'm sure that you wiley, crafty veterans can help me improve. Thanks!

Gordon

http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/40450

Beautiful job!!

Looks like you really have a feel for where that internal strobe will give you great results - well done!

I think keep shooting as much as possible and all those elements like lighting, composition, framing and stylistic things will flow naturally! If it were me, on my next dives I would start thinking more composition - you are on the right road already so fine-tuning is the way to go.

Thanks so much for putting them up -very much enjoyed them!

Are you pulling our leg or have you been taking UW pictures with some other camera to practice on. Great shots.

I've been taking pictures topside for 35 years but this is really my first adventure with underwater stuff, aside from a disposable camera housing I tried last summer. There is an unbelievable amount of ninformation available on the Scubaboard. A very special thanks would go to Peter Schulz at Splashdown Divers. He has some basic underwater set-up's on there for the 5060 that work great......at least they helped me a lot. Using his suggestions, based on all of his experience, probably saved me a big learning curve. I just started point-and-shooting using his set up on MyMode. I can't wait to get back to the Caribbean!

Make sure the dial control knob is up when you close the case! The shaft bends very easy. Waiting on my replacemnet for just that very reason.

great pics. how did you have your internal strobe set? Did you have it set to auto or did you set it manually. I usually use white balance and havent used the onboard flash much.

Back
Top Bottom