First Regulator Purchase.. HELP!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

All modern regs can be used with nitrox up to 40% out of the box including those with titanium firsts. Don't let any shop tell you that they can't be. The only times you need to worry is using high O2 mixes over 50%. If a shop tells you that a new reg needs an O2 cleaning before it can be used with recreational mixes they are lying. Right now I am waiting on the new Edge Enduro unbalanced piston regs to come in. For those who used to dive or still dive the old Sherwood Bruts you know how rugged and bullet proof a reg like that can be. As well as easy to service.

You may not do the Doria with it but for recreational dives they would be ideal as an economical reg for the diver on a budget. They are coming as a 1st stage, second stage, and octo set and in your price range. And yes they can be used with nitrox. I plan on getting at least one for myself as a back up/ loaner set of regs.

Again any modern or for that matter old reg can be as long as it's below 40% and not coming in contact with pure O2.

The MR12 Ranger is even cheaper 'till March 19th. Only $114. The MR12 and Ranger appear to be last year's model. Many other suppliers list it as discontinued. But where else can you get a major manufacturer, brand new equipment? I've been looking for entry level equipment for a month or so and have seen this for $150-$200 then this new sale price popped up at LP today.

Hope this helps.

+1 on SetSailSoon's post. I checked the MR12 at LP.com and would say that is a strong value for under two bills. For $114.95 I am thinking this would be a good reg to have in the Save A Dive kit.

The MR12 Ranger is even cheaper 'till March 19th. Only $114. The MR12 and Ranger appear to be last year's model. Many other suppliers list it as discontinued. But where else can you get a major manufacturer, brand new equipment? I've been looking for entry level equipment for a month or so and have seen this for $150-$200 then this new sale price popped up at LP today.

Sweet find! Unfortunately for the OP, who lives in Japan, Leisurepro will not (cannot) ship Mares products to Asia.

Thank you everyone who replied! I read through everything today and I decided to go with the 114$ Mares :) In fact, I ended up going with a few of there products... gloves, bag and Dive Computer as well. Lots of great deals on Leisurepro.

Mares Puck Air Computer Console this is the dive computer I ended up going with. Seems like a bargain for all those features at that price. Thanks again!

I hope your order goes through smoothly, Matt - approx. 5 months ago LP disappointed me when I was ordering some Mares products into Taiwan. They stated that the manufacturer had policies which encumbered them from completing my order.

In the end I received the Mares regs anyway, and am very pleased with the performance of them, the customer support I have received here from Zak, and the help I've found locally when modifying them to suit my needs.

Happy diving!

Back
Top Bottom