first scubaboard post

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

rubinax

Registered
Reaction score
hello all!

i've decided posting under the correct account might be beneficial to accuracy here. lol!

i just recently signed up with scubaboard in hopes of learning from others who are far more well-versed in the basics required for relocating successfully to less traveled areas. as far as diving goes, i have zero experience...seeing as how kicking around with a $30 snorkle set from target doesn't account for much...but i am eager to get started. essentially, my boyfriend and i have dreams of relocating to a tropical coast, getting dive master certified, building a hut, and spending our free time working and playing in the ocean. clearly, we don't have high expectations at all.

we currently live in colorado *sigh* and ideally we would like to move to an area close to the ocean, with tropical temperatures, lush vegetation, relatively small population, mountainous, low cost of living, and a low crime rate. of course, we don't expect to fill all of those aspects but we are hoping the fact that we are easily willing to go without amenities helps make it more realistic. maybe. originally we were going to start out in utila, due to the amazingly low cost of instruction, but it would be temporary and finding a place in the meantime for two pets isn't simple. some of the places under more serious consideration as a permanent location have been dominica, grenada, fiji, the philippines, new zealand, and most recently the costa mayan mexico, such as xcalak or mahahual. i lived in dominica for a year when i was young and would love to return but getting a job, much less residency, in most parts of the caribbean seems extremely difficult.

any input, information, suggestions, advice, recommendations, experiences, or stories would be greatly appreciated! thanks for reading!

rubina

thanks divefamily09 for the greetings!
i'm hoping it will be an excellent resource :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom