First time in Roatan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Media Luna Resort & Spa has 2-Bedroom bungalows. There are 2 bedrooms and 2 baths with an adjoining door in between which can be left open or closed or locked, depending on how close your friendship is :p

Media Luna is an all-inclusive resort, remotely located on the southeast side of the island. There is a house wall with incredible shore diving that can be taken advantage of any time within dive shop hours. The dive site there is called "Half Moon Bay Wall". The on-site dive operation also provides 3 boat dives per day, so you'd be free to choose your dive opportunities.

The resort itself is fabulous...built to blend in with the beauty of the incredible nature that surrounds it. There is a lovely beach, 3 pools (one large and 2 small dipping pools) and beautiful stone pathways and decks that lead to some of the most amazing views! It's an incredibly relaxing place. All meals are included, as well as house brands of wine, liquor and beer. There's also a wine bar on premise if you want to purchase higher quality wines. They also serve coffee, cappucino, etc. There are different entertainment venues presented each evening after dinner in the dining/entertainment area.

One of our favorite things to do is meet out on the deck behind the restaurant each evening and have cocktails while watching the incredible Roatan sunsets...it's difficult to describe how enchanting that experience can be! Then it's off to dinner and if you feel like staying after dinner for the show, there's always some kind of dancing. Whether it's the Media Luna animation team, the local Garifuna dancers, or fun social games involving resort guests, there's usually a good time to be had :) I'm such a dive dud that after dinner I'm off to the room to download the day's photos and videos and prepare for diving early the next morning!

The resort is located far from the tourism centers of west bay and west end, so if you'd prefer to be in the midst of the tourist activities, Media Luna wouldn't be for you.

Wherever you choose to stay, please come back to ScubaBoard and let us know about your trip - it's always fun to live vicariously through the experiences of others!

Hi @Norwegian Cave Diver!

My partner and I own a three bedroom condo in Brick Bay that we rent and which sounds very similar to what you are accustomed to. It is located within a five minute drive of Barefoot Divers, who are one of our preferred dive ops on the island. The condo has a pool and private beach and is very quiet (excep for occasional cruise ship visitors). Please feel free to browse our Facebook page that is linked in my signature. I would be happy to answer any questions you may have by PM or to refer you to our airbnb site if you would like to book with us.

Thanks!

I'll second the recommendation for Turquoise Bay Resort. They run a "buy one, get 50% off the second" special regularly. Nicest boats I've ever been on. 1st class dive operation, food is good and did not get old like lots of all inclusives, and if you wanted your drink stronger...all you had to do is ask. Dark rum straight on the rocks with lime....not a problem. Their Monkey La La was really good as well. We will go back...probably next April.

Safe travels,
Jay

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom