First time poster, long time lurker

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Canadave

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
After five years of diving and a hundred dives under my belt, I am now finally taking the plunge and joining ScubaBoard. For the last couple years I have been regularly reading posts in various areas, so I thought it was high time I joined the conversation and tell you how beneficial ScubaBoard has been to increasing my knowledge and enjoyment of scuba diving.

To start with I want to give a big THANK-YOU to ScubaBoard and the many experienced divers who post here, as they have helped me in countless ways, such as where to go for a dive holiday or how best to sling a pony bottle or how to cure the rash on my neck from the latex seal on my drysuit, and many more tips.

Unfortunately, since I have waited so long to join the party, all the cool names have been taken, so I have settled on "Canadave", because, you guessed it, my name is "Dave" and I am from Canada.

I am located in the greater Vancouver area and I do most of my diving in the cold Pacific Northwest. Fortunately I have also been able to venture further afield to places like the Big Island, Hawaii, Monterey, California and the reefs and cenotes of the Mayan Riviera. Next trip will be in a few months to Cocoview Resort in Roatan.

My newest pursuit is u/w photography. I am looking forward to getting lots of helpful advice on the Board as I try to capture great pictures of my underwater adventures.

Thanks, Dave

Welcome Canadave. You live in an excellent place. I was diving at Porteau and Whytecliffe this weekend. I wish lived in Vancouver for the diving but do not want to work there.

Welcome!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom