First Trip to Grand Cayman

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

hqduong

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
OK so I had to cancel my trip because of Hurricane Rina because it's hitting Cancun. I will be going to GC instead.

Any suggested dive sites? Places that I can't miss? I'm up for all types of diving, cave, wreck, etc.

Who are you diving with on Cayman?

None yet, Any suggestions on the Diveop? My girl friend will be getting her OW. I'll be doing my own dives during that period and perhaps join her on a few dives after she finishes her OW training.

I would suggest Seasports with Jim Soda and Kevin. They can do the referal dives as well. They pick you up at the beach with personalized service. Most dives are pretty benign so you can see a great reef while your girlfriend is a little shollower doing training. Oh yah, they do 9 am departure so you can sleep in a little........

Turtle Farm reef is excellent shore dive on the Northwest corner. I always do some afternoon dives there then catch the sunset from the deck bar at the cracked conch.

I couldn't find a ride to the Kittywake on my last visit but I hear it's good for a single tank dive.

Sunset House also has a pretty decent shallow reef for an afternoon shore dive and "My Bar" is good for off gassing.

When are you going to the Cayman Islands? It's pretty bad there now too. I got an email from a dive op on GC last night, "The weather has taken a turn for the worse, we are stuck in West bay on Grand Cayman as there is a hurricane close by us. We had to cancel this afternoons diving due to poor visibilty on the dive sites. "

I just got back from GC and LC. Get to Little Cayman and dive Bloody Bay Wall. There are dive ops on LC but I was on the Aggressor so I don't know any of them.

That's all of course if you are in the SMB area. If your going to the East Side just make your arrangements with Ocean Frontiers and go with the flow.

This time of the year you can usually dive on the North wall. If you can find an operator going there it's a wonderful dive. Sting ray city is pretty cool but I don't see any reason to "dive" there. It's worth jumping on the cattle boat and doing the snorkel trip.....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom