Fish hand signals?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

CBulla:
That site is great!!!!!! I see nurse sharks all the time... this is going to be a great deal of fun!!

Colin, what happens if the nurse is a male nurse????

Rick

sea nmf:
How does a ray gun differ from a hand gun?

The difference is:

I dont own a hand gun! :wink:

My wife occasionally points to her head with one hand and her butt with the other. This is the signal that she has seen the "Butt-head fish".

I keep trying to get a picture but the only thing within her viz is me.

My buddy and I came up with a new signal for us.......make two fists about a foot apart, then bring them together. When they touch spread your fingers and pull them apart and upward. It is a signal for "trainwreck" after watching a couple guys run into the divemaster then muck up the pacific trying to look at an octopus. We had to use this because we couldn't come up with a sign for "cluster" (we had the sign for the second part). Comes in handy way too often.

Jcsgt:
Thanks for the link, cool site.

BTW, I've used the one for "f'ing big shark" before. Didn't know it was a standardized signal.
A more PC version was used by a DM in Cozumel ---- the sign of the cross(forehead/chest/shoulder/shoulder), then shark symbol. :)

Like most good underwater signals, it was instantly clear from context, even without prebriefing it.

When I was in Thailand, the DM's on our liveaboard used a special signal for ghost pipe fish. It was the same as the trigger fish signal (thumb up, index finger pointing), except they pointed it down toward the ground. These guys were really good at finding them, and by the fourth day of them excitedly pointing out one ghost pipe fish after another, we made a modification. Instead of the index finger, we used the middle finger to point out "another f-----g ghost pipe fish."

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom