Fitness Members Journal for May 8th 2004

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Im so sorry Chris. My condolences to you and your wife.

ChrisM, so sorry to hear of your loss. Appetite at this time is not going to be a number one priority.

As for being on a plateau, I am the best at doing that! LOL. I will go through a couple of really good months of losing then plateau out for 2 or 3, then lose some more. I have been working at getting to my goal for 2 1/2 years now. But, I can see that I have made progress, albeit slow.

I tried to work my points last week into an alternating low and high days with a mod high and low, and a very low. I did lose, so maybe...I don't know. I do know tha when I eat conistently below my target I plateau. I have even gained a small amount on some weeks.

I have also noticed that I have a pattern of losing maybe 2-3 lbs one week then will gain back .5 to 1.0 lbs, then lose 2. It is kind of a see-saw effect, but the total outcome is a steady downward trend.

I totally over ate lunch today, my employer had a fish fry for all the employees. This was fried fish with all the fried trimmings, nothing low fat, or low in points I am sure. Since it was set up buffet style, I counted out 8 French Fries, had two fish filets, a big spoonful of coleslaw, two very small hushpuppies, a glass of unsweetened tea and a small scoop of banana pudding. I caluclated that was almost my whole day of points on that one meal. So tonight I ate a bowl of vegetable soup. I needed ot get my veggies in some how.

Geez to I feel stuffed! I did work out this morning for 30 minutes before going to work. I hope that will help out.

It is another day tommorrow and I will be on the low, low end of points then. Oh, well it could be worse I am sure.

Have a good evening and day tommorrow all.

Im so sorry Chris. My condolences to you and your wife.

Hang in there Chris. We'll be praying for you/thinking of you etc. The gym and diet will be there when you're ready. Take care, Greg

Chris I'm lighting the prayer candle for you and your wife tonight. I'm so sorry.
My condolences to all your friends and family.

I'm so sorry, Chris. I'll keep you and your family and friends in my prayers.

thanks for the thoughts everyone. In prior attempts to lose weight, I let things like this derail me. SO, other than eating less, I've actually done OK today, even decided to go to the gym

My wife is in Newport with her family (her dad was away as well, and is coming home tonite,)

Thought I'd let the family do their thing, and try toi keep as much normalcy here on the home frontm including making myself a priority

Thanks again everyone

Chris

good lord, what a week. major stressing because i'm going on vacation saturday and i need to wrap some things up at work, get everything packed, checked twice and thrice (we're diving and camping on a remote island, so if anything breaks, we'd better have spares - lots of spares). so incredibly close to reverting to old eating habits when stressed. bag of jelly beans = happy frank. well, i got pretty grumpy this week, but i stuck to eating well and doing my exercises, so by today, i actually feel pretty good. next week will be tough to do much, but i'll still try to do some cardio at least. maybe i can bench press wild goats (if i can catch one) for my upper body workout :wink:

-Frank

geez, just read through the posts... my condolences to your family chris. one thing to keep in mind is that if you do make some time for yourself for even a few minutes of cardio, it's amazing how much that helps. nothing like endorphins to lift your spirits, even if it's only for a little bit. take care of yourself and your family.

-frank

Back
Top Bottom