Fitting Suunto D6i Novo Zulu over dry suit?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

aedon

New
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
Hey everyone,

I'm in the process of donating my trusty D4i to my girlfriend who has just taken up diving. This of course gives me a great excuse to pick up a new toy, namely the D6i. Appearance wise, I'm loving the new zulu strap, but I'm just not sure if it will fit over a trilam dry suit. Apparently the strap is 30cm long in total, but as I understand it, can't be extended the same way the "normal" silicone wrist bands can. Anyone who has tried this combination?

NB - not diving dry today, but it's on my list for this year. Want to be a bit future proof and find a comp that can be worn wrist watch style on diving holidays, but that also works with a thicker suit on. If the zulu doesn't fit the ticket I'll probably go for the "normal" D6i novo or see if I can find a good deal on an older D6i.

Thoughts?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom