flash placement questions

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DiveBandit

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
hey folks. I want to do some u/w cave photography. I've seen some pictures where the photographer has placed strobes in different locations so when they take the picture it lights up all those dark areas. I was wondering, is it as easy as it looks?, and should I kill the flash on the camera for those shots?.

Anyone here take these types of pictures ?

Hey Narcosis:

The shots that I am aware of use additional diver lights that are "on" as opposed to strobes. This should allow you to compose the shot better and you won't have to have wires running all across the scene.

Good luck and post those shots when you get them!

Chris

Hmm, I can't find it now, but someone just posted some cave shots. I think they used about five strobes - several placed before the shot and triggered with the remote sensors and a couple held by divers or on the main rig? Can't remember.

But I know that lighting a large area and placing lights so they light the right area up and trigger flawlessly is not the easiest bit of underwater lighting possible :wink:

Thanks for the reply's folks. I'll try it an let you all know.

Back
Top Bottom