Flash Problems

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have the dc500 with 960 flash. It's not a new setup. probably a couple years old. It gave me problems with the factory strobe arm as well. The ultra light arm is connected into the upper plastic shaft of the former arm. How could that cause a problem? (just curious, not challenging) It seems most unreliable underwater. When all is working I can get nice shots.

Now that I understand what set-up you have, I suspect the flash misfiring problem is caused by the alignment of the optical cable to the flash sensor underneath the flash head. Have you read through the technical advice on our website? Sevice Center

Our service department offers a free inspection and repairs for this type of issue. Please contact our customer service center at 1-800-257-7742 for a return authoriztion # and we will take care of that for you. Once we determine the source of the problem and repair solution, we will post it to this thread.

Thank you.

I read through all of the tips and made some adjustments to the positioning of the optical cable. I'll keep you posted when I dive with it again. Thanks for all of the help.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom