Flexa 5-4-3

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

kaskes

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
Hi

Just bought a Flexa 5-4-3. :cool2:

Just wondering if anybody has some tips for it's use and keeping it in shape for the future.

What about preserving i at home. Any special things that needs attention?? (haven't got my own suit before.)

I'm going to use it in Egypt in little less than 2 weeks. Water temp around 23-25. So i hope it's the right suit.

Hi there,

You ask a good question. The reality is nothing special is required to prolong the life of this suit. I recommend a rinse in fresh water between uses and a cleaning between extended pauses in use. If you are going to hang the suit, use a proper wetsuit hanger (something with wide frame) to avoid creasing. Also do not recommend folding the suit for extended periods of time. This will also avoid creasing. Folding for travel is ok, just referring to storage.

I am sure you will enjoy your new suit.. It is a really nice, warm product.

Best

Hi Zak

Thx for the answer. Looking forward for trying it.......

Hi again.

My trip to Egypt is cancelled due the Icelandic ash cloud over Europe (living in Denmark). :depressed:

So i would like to go diving anyway. Can i see temp ranges for the different Mares suits anywere??
I have just bought the Flexa. Can you recomend the core or west as a supplement or do i need a whole other suit for danish climate?? Starting in may around 12-15 deg. celcius.

Hope you have some solutions for a beginner in "colder" waters.

Calling in from the Netherlands, I'm also interested to see what temperatures are advised for these kinds of wetsuits...

I have used in 20 deg c. I worked perfectly.

I want the core warmer so i can use it when it gets colder.

Have fun...

Just did a series of dives in 17 deg celcius waters. For me it was fine in these conditions especially with a 5mm hood. Any colder and I would probably where a thin layer underneath or go to a 7mm.

Back
Top Bottom