flights from LBJ (Komodo) to Denpasar (Bali)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

If you see Garuda bring out the box snacks you know you are in trouble!! :wink:

Hahah... so true. When I was returning from a liveaboard, a group had an earlier flight that got delayed and the boxes came out. My later flight stayed on-time and I left before they did.

When I booked my flight from Bali to Labuan Bajo I made sure it was a morning flight (11 am) and on Garuda with the least chance for delays. Our flight left on time and checking in with Garuda was fast with no line at all. I wanted to get to Komodo with the least amount of hassles. They weighed my check bag at 23 kg and never asked if it was dive gear, just checked it on through. They never weighed my carry-on (7 kg limit) which was about 9 kg's. But once we walked out to the plane they did say it was to big for the small overhead bins on the plane and they put it in with the checked luggage. No biggie--I picked it up as soon as we got off the plane in Komodo. On my return flight I wasn't as concerned about the flight and overweight bags--but I should have been. The Nam flight was about $45 cheaper than Garuda so to save a little money it almost cost me a lot more. There were no other flights scheduled into or out of Komodo after our flight at 4 pm. I had a flight leaving for the Philippines the next morning at 8am and no flights left Komodo the next morning to get me there in time to catch my flight if we didn't leave on this flight. We kept being told it will be one hour late then it was two hours late and now it was starting to get dark. By 4 pm there was no option to try to hop on another flight and there were others waiting that had to catch connecting flights out of Bali later that night--! I thought no flights landed or left Komodo after dark but our flight finally arrived well after dark and took off with no problems. But next time I'd be sure to book a flight leaving Komodo before noon to give me other options to catch a different flight in case of a cancellation. Also around 4 pm when our flight was scheduled to leave a massive thunderstorm rolled over the airport and lasted at 45 minutes before moving on. While I was in Komodo it seemed we got these storms about the same time every afternoon in mid-November---another reason to book flights for earlier in the day.

We were delayed 12 hours coming out of Sorong once on NAM Air - I decided that the abbreviation meant "Never Again Mothaf&*(^ing" Air.

- Bill
We have had 6-7 hour delays on Garuda (fear the snack boxes) and had Sriwijaya Air flights totally cancelled... This is why you never fly out Internationally on the day of your domestic flights.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom