Flooded camera

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Diver2fun

Registered
Reaction score
Hello,

Last summer I flooded my DC1200, still sad about that...
Now I have to buy a new seperate camera, because it's not covered by sealife's warranty (sent a mail).
I acknowledge it was mainly my fault, but I checked the price for a new camera, and it's about €300, even without a battery!
Isn't that ridiculous expensive? A DC1400 including camera housing is about €480, but I still have the housing and a wide angle lense for the DC1200, which can't be used on the DC1400.
Any suggestions? I still have the flooded camera, but I'm afraid it's damaged beyond repair, salt water is deadly...

Thanks in advance!

Yeah it's cheaper, but shipping is about $80 so there's not really a difference in price.
Why is Sealife's support in the EU not like the support in the US? I read stories on the board about people only paying $50 for a replacement...

Did you ask them about shipping? International Priority Flat Rate Box postage is less than $14, but I guess they'd want more for packing, etc.

Yeah, the company is nice to use over here. I guess your brokers aren't, but you could ask Joe on the Sealife Manufacturer forum. He might help.

You were right, shipping is $40, I checked the wrong site. But still, I don't have a credit card so payment will be hard for me...
I'll send Joe a PM, thanks for the help.

You can get a one time debit card at a store.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom