Flooded Mini Pen Pm1

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Karloss

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
My PM1 flooded the other day and I am curious if anyone had theirs repaired or just replaced it. I Thank you in advance of information. I also realize the camera in question is discontinued thus a major upgrade would be in effect.

do you know why it flooded? If the housing is sound, certainly easiest solution is replace the epm1.
obviously would need to go used for that. I have one that could be had. PM me if interested.

there was a great package deal on the epl5 a while back, but I think they are all gone.

Pretty much impossible to repair a saltwater flooded camera. Replacement with used (eBay) is about your only option. Make sure the housing is OK.

I posted this half cocked, I should have know it was going to cost through the nose to replace considering a camera upgrade AND new housing. So to have a salt water flooded camera repaired is a no go?? I do have one( a mini pen) that I unplugged while updating software, I wonder what the cost to repair that one would be? Thanks for the input.

There's a lithium battery in there. Saltwater + electrical short = some serious corrosion...everywhere. Takes out the electronics, screws up the mechanical parts, ruins the LCD screen......etc. Nasty. Take it apart, you'll see. It's junk.

Do some Googling. There might be a way to recover the botched upgrade. If not, just email Olympus, they'll give you an approximate price + shipping is on you. Might be cheaper to go eBay depending on the market value of that camera. I've gotten EPL-1 for as cheap as $75 in fine working condition, but I wasn't in any hurry and willing to wait.

Seems you flooded your strobe too? Same time? Are you sure you want to be carrying electronics underwater? :poke:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom