flooded recsea...help!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ozzi might have a point here but surely you don't let the resort or boat crew do anything with your camera? I do the rinsing myself and grab the camera as soon as out of the water
interesting to know though I would go back to each trip you did and figure out how the camera was handled each time

the only boat dives i did with it was last august in the farnes, and i rinsed the camera in the sink when i got back to the room, i had also got for few trips to swanage in a camper and im not sure if it got rinsed there until i got home as not having somewhere to do it.

otherwise i handle the camera myself, put it in the dive centre camera rinse tank, and then soak it well when i get home. if im doing a dive here [uk] i soak it afterwards for hours/days.

i will post some more pics

OK so there could have been trips where you did not rinse the camera for some time
I would recommend you take an ice box 28 or more liters as your personal rinse tank or anything like that
I am planning to go to Selsey on the 21st and maybe Swanage on the 15th by the way

...i soak it afterwards for hours/days.

While the electrolytic process happens most easily in salt water, it will happen at some level in any water. Don't soak for any longer than necessary. (Something I learned the hard way from leaving bi-metal pans in the kitchen sink)

And I'm not sure what kind of sink you are soaking in, but never soak in a stainless steel sink.

Never in steel. Plastic works best and use de-ionised water to avoid adding more chaos to the mix
Sometimes I put my rig in there and I don't have time to pick it up right away, would not normally be more than one or two days this is not exact science

again great guys for the tips. never soaked it in steel always plastic bowls but with tap water, so maybe its time to get some de-ionised water????

love swanage we are trying to arrange a trip but not sure when yet, as its difficult getting our shifts off together, and we want to do selsey this year tried last year but viz really bad

Sorry to hear you flooded the camera, have you taken it on a dive since?

Sorry to hear you flooded the camera, have you taken it on a dive since?

yes took housing down about 6 times with no camera inside, down to 20+ no leaks, then did approx 10 dives over the next 5 days with camera inside and again no leaks. but still worried about it

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom