flooded sync cord connection, any idea of what got fried

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Clyderyde

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have a SEA and Sea MX11ex ys60 combo that I've had for a long time.
on my last trip the strobe stopped working and I found a few drops of water in the sync cord connection to the camera. The camera still works but no amount of drying will make the strobe come back to life. While I know I should upgrade, I still like this unit and have taken many good shots with it. Is there any hope of an economical fix for this strobe / camera?

Thanks,

Clyderyde

Because the device was powered most likely its DOA if it got water in the strobe.

You can try putting in your oven at say 150-160 degrees for a few hours WITHOUT the battery in it. Then let it fully cool, test the battery for proper operation if its a rechargable pack and try it.

Thats the best way to dry it out, can't do anymore damage. Most parts are commercial and should be rated to at least 185 degrees operational.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom