Florida Dive Show 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It's amazing that Scuba Board did so well at the Florida Dive Show when they leave people like this in charge of the booth. :shakehead:

1196557938_FDS2.jpg

She had long curly blonde hair, and was wearing a denim skirt Saturday. I'm sure everyone in the booth was beautiful but in my haste I was only ale to speak with one....

She had long curly blonde hair, and was wearing a denim skirt Saturday. I'm sure everyone in the booth was beautiful but in my haste I was only ale to speak with one....

That would be Muggsy, Howard's wife.

Was the show a great deal smaller this year or was it my perception? While it was good to meet folks and see old friends, I was disappointed in the show overall.

Was the show a great deal smaller this year or was it my perception? While it was good to meet folks and see old friends, I was disappointed in the show overall.

I think it was smaller this year. I think with the great weather people were out diving. They need to put in an order for bad weather like Oceanfest does. :rofl3:

It was nice meeting you at the show yesterday.

I was very surprised at how small the show was myself. I assumed being FL and all it would be quite larger. The dive show we have in Chicago.. OWU, is much larger than that.

Although Sat and Sun the weather was extremely nice. :D

I think it was smaller this year. I think with the great weather people were out diving. They need to put in an order for bad weather like Oceanfest does. :rofl3:

So the exhibitors left to go diving?

fisheyeview:
It was nice meeting you at the show yesterday.

It's great to put faces with names. I enjoyed it as well.

jepuskar:
I was very surprised at how small the show was myself. I assumed being FL and all it would be quite larger. The dive show we have in Chicago.. OWU, is much larger than that.

Unless they turn it around, I won't likely be back for the 4th annual..........

It's great to put faces with names. I enjoyed it as well.

It doesnt compare to Beneath the Sea but we definitely enjoyed it and do look forward to next year

Although Sat and Sun the weather was extremely nice. :D

I have worked the show all 3 years. It was slightly smaller this year than in years past. OceanFest is larger and has more people attending. IMO

There was not much advertising done to promote the show. At least that I could see. Add to that the fact that most of the exhibitors are not allowed to seel anything at the show, and you discourage people from exhibiting. This was also the first year at a new location.

I for one found it very odd that Divers Direct did not have any dive equipment at their booth. I wonder if this was due to the fact that they could not sell anything.

Jepuskar, how long has OWU been around? I'm just curious. How long did it take to get the show established, and to it's current size?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom