Florida Dive Sites!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I would if I could. It was 20 years ago and I'm not sure I even found it. Ask a local dive shop.

If you want to do something "odd" you could try sinkhole diving. (Devil's Den and Blue Grotto.) That's where I did my certification dives. I would never go sinkhole diving again but it is fun to say that I did it in the past.

I have two suggestions. First, check out this site: Scuba Earth by DiveBuddy.com | DiveBuddy.com Type in "Fort Myers, Fl" or just pan around for the area. You'll see tons of dive sites, dive operators, and divers all on the map. It's one of my favorite resources when trying to find dives or buddies in FL.

Second, you're not too far from USS Mohawk Scuba Diving | Artificial Reef | Wreck That's an AMAZING dive site, and one of my favorite dives - including dives I've done in Roatan, Honduras and Cozumel, Mexico. I dove it from El Gavilan but I think I heard that boat is no longer operating. If you're in that area, find an excuse to go dive the Mohawk. I don't think you'll regret it. The sand is 87 feet, but you really don't need to go to the sand anyway. Much of the wreck is shallower, with the top of the wreck sitting in only 32 feet of water. There's a lot of aquatic life on the Mohawk, including the biggest goliath grouper (aka jewfish) I've ever seen.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom