Flower Garden here we come!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

It seems to be right here.

Hey gang... be sure to post pictures. We want to see ScubaBoardians vomiting all over the place! :D

I made 5/7 dives with the Fling. All dives were wonderful and I loved every minute of it...the boat ride was another story though. lol

Have fun and congrats on your AOW!

I have been in big seas. They can be challenging, but it's all quiet beneath the waves.

Like this?

Like this?

Wow. That cost the ship's owners some money.

I love it. It takes a "different" kind to actually enjoy that, but I do. Reminds me of the stormy nights in the South China Sea aboard the US Navy destroyer USS Renshaw many years ago. I still miss it.

Last edited:
It looks like the seas will cooperate this weekend. I will be aboard the Fling on the Flower Garden dive this weekend! I am pretty excited about it. I will be completing my AOW cert while I'm there. The only dive I have left is the deep dive. I feel giddy like a little kid.

It's great to hear your enthusiasm and confidence!

Got any worries about your dives? Got a good dive buddy?

By all means, please post a dive report!

Good luck! :)

Dave C

Got any worries about your dives? Got a good dive buddy?

I will be going with a few people from the dive club, one of whom is my instructor, another is also an instructor. There are only two of us that have never been there. The remaining divers from our club have been there numerous times. I am very comfortable with the dive buddy situation.

As for worries, no, I have none. I am dying to get out there. I don't have any apprehension at all, even with the depth of the dives. I am also extremely curious about narcosis. I have never been narked. From a purely academic standpoint, I really want to see how it affects me.

I will post a dive report when I return. That will be another first for me!

From a purely academic standpoint, I really want to see how it affects me.

Drink tons of beer the night before the dive, smoke at least two packs, wake up and chug a pint of coffee to wash down 3 hits of ephedrine, don't hydrate at all, and wear your 3mm suit and no hood. As a bonus, fast shallow breathing on the way down.

Congrats, you now have a Phd in how narcosis affects you :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom