Flying BA

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Samsee

Registered
Reaction score
Hi all.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Has anyone flown BA recently out of the UK. If so can you let me know what the allowances are for scuba equipment? I've looked on the website and spoken to an operator and neither seem to be able to give me a straight answer.

Any help would be appreciated

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you are looking for special allowance then the answer is NO.
If you are flying to SE Asia then SQ offer 30kg for its econo class and slightly lower fare as well. But CX is as mean as BA ie. 23kg.

I try and use BA when I travel with scuba gear.

As said previously, there is NO additional/free allowance for diving/sport equipment. You get 23kg and thats it.

However their additional bag policy is pretty good, another 23kg is like £55 each way. But the kicker for me, is their very generous hand luggage allowance. One biggish roller (56x45x25cm) which can be another 23kg (never had it weighed) and another 'personal' item at 40x30x15cm (again never weighed) so plenty of space and weight for all your kit. :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom