Folding the Fusion for travel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

super7

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
50 - 99
My Fusion arrived a couple of days ago, and after trimming the neck and wrist seals, I'm ready for my first pool plunge scheduled for tomorrow morning.:D

While packing the gear, I realized that I didn't know how I should pack my Fusion. After sifting through Whites' web pages, I found a pdf manual for their conventional drysuits, and found out that their self entry suit should be
1)placed face down
2)start rolling up from the foot working up towards the neck
3)try not to kink or bend the dry zipper
4)fold the arms over

Now, my question goes;
1)Should I fold the Fusion in the afore mentioned manner? If not, where can I find proper directions?
2)How compact should I be able to pack my Fusion? (L/XL with sport skin, Fusion boots)

Thanks for your help :wink:
Kaza

Well, I don't know what Whites is going to say, but I pack my Fusion by putting the top down flat, so the zipper isn't folded, folding the arms over the chest, and accordioning the legs any way that will get them to fit in the bag. You'll be amazed at how small it will pack.

My Fusion arrived a couple of days ago, and after trimming the neck and wrist seals, I'm ready for my first pool plunge scheduled for tomorrow morning.:D

While packing the gear, I realized that I didn't know how I should pack my Fusion. After sifting through Whites' web pages, I found a pdf manual for their conventional drysuits, and found out that their self entry suit should be

1)placed face down
2)start rolling up from the foot working up towards the neck
3)try not to kink or bend the dry zipper
4)fold the arms over

Now, my question goes;
1)Should I fold the Fusion in the afore mentioned manner? If not, where can I find proper directions?
2)How compact should I be able to pack my Fusion? (L/XL with sport skin, Fusion boots)

Thanks for your help :wink:
Kaza

This is exactly what I've done for a couple of years now. My Fusion zipper still seems to be like new (which is the part I would worry about, dry suit zippers don't like being bent). I should mention that I pack mine with the dry zipper zipped closed, so it helps he zipper resist inadvertent bending.

With a Tech skin and attached boots I can get mine down to an 8" diameter tube that's 24" long. With a sport skin it'd be even smaller. As Lynn says, you'll be amazed how small you can pack it.

All the best, James

I do about that, folds into a nice rectangle. The main idea is to not bend the dry zipper, everything else is up to your imagination.

Peace,
Greg

Thanks for the input, gals and guys!

My first impression was "hey, this suit doesn't fold as small as expected, or told!"
Then, I noticed that the Fusion boots were in the way. After removing it, it folded really small :cool2:
I probably need more experience and some experimenting before I can fold it small with the boots on though

Thanks for the input, gals and guys!

My first impression was "hey, this suit doesn't fold as small as expected, or told!"
Then, I noticed that the Fusion boots were in the way. After removing it, it folded really small :cool2:
I probably need more experience and some experimenting before I can fold it small with the boots on though
I agree that the fusion boots add a lot of bulk. But they dive so nice :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom