Food to eat before and in between dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Breakfast is usually coffee and whatever is available.

In between dive I usually go with orange peanut butter crackers and a regular coke.

I know it's not the best, but being a cola addict, I need at least one can's worth sometime before noon each day, diving or not. I take the potassium pills for cramps in leu of Bananas

Absolutely do not let the captain see any bananas on his boat.

I got some good advice from SkipperJohn and a few others on SB

Eat bland food for the morning - I don't get seasick easily but felt queasy on the first dive (probably nerves plus empty-ish stomach). I now have some porridge - rolled oats with banana and honey. With the low GI it has, it will last you way into lunch - lunch time, our dive club usually just has some soup and bread rolls. Simple but hearty fare.

Chili.

Reactions: Doc
Fig Newtons! I have no clue to their value or detriment while diving, but I just love Fig Newtons. :D

caffeine wont dilate the blood vessels around the brain, it'll constrict them. which increases blood pressure. just wanted to distinguish between the two. high bp isnt the best while diving, esp if the situation is stressful.

but to stay on topic, bananas are always a great snack. and a boat captain made some honey and chunky peanut butter bagels that were rather good on our SIT in between dives.
Im sorry, you are correct. Which is why caffeine is added to BC powders ect,

For diving at the lake.. My wife will pack me a cooler with sandwiches and chips and little debbie cakes and water and DP . Shes happy to do it as it might be the last thing she does for me... cause she knows diving is a very,very dangerous sport ( I play it up abit):D

Seriously, she will do that sometimes or I'll stop at a store on the way and pick up snacks like peanuts , crackers , cookies, slim jims junk like that.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom