Food to eat before and in between dives

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Between dives in Korea the boats come back to shore. We indulge ourselves on Korean spicy ramen, sweet and sour chicken, and black noodles. Then back to the boats for more diving.

Henry James

Scuba diving….eat anything.
Free diving….eat absolutely nothing

Just have to add - there is a real reason regarding the superstition regarding banana's on boats. Banana's give off potassium gas so in the early trade days when boats holds were stocked with bananas at a passing island it would ripen and spoil most of the other perishables on board. I crew on a 1600's replica spice ship so maritime history sort of comes with the territory regarding the banana superstition..we don't allow passengers to bring bananas aboard.

Between dives, I eat everything if on a liveaboard, land based - fruit, a big fan of soup and I drink nothing but watermelon juice or coconut water straight from the coconut.

...coconut water straight from the coconut.
Mmm, yes. With krentenbollen from California on Curacao or from Van den Tweel on Bonaire.

. . . Banana's give off potassium gas . . .

BRAAAAAPPPPP

Try Ethylene gas. . . (carbon, hydrogen and oxygen)

Ooops..true..wrong gas..Ethylene - I blame that on posting at 3am - Banana's give off Ethylene gas :wink:

Wow. Strange old thread.

As I read through it, I was struck by the number of 2009 posters who I haven't seen around in a long while.

Out of 33 unique posters by 2009, 21 have dropped off the planet. And they were not members with low post counts.

As of June 2015, we haven't heard from (haven't signed-in to SB)....

40Fathoms 20 months
Kraken 7 months
DrNeil 23 months
Fisheyeview 19 months
skipperjohn 30 months
darcey 6 months
scubadude79 72 months
tiggr 20 months
tc 2 months
stanw 12 months
starrman 31 months
bubbletrouble 27 months
maeinediva 45 months
standard11 45 months
garrobo 33 months
divinglow 72 months
tommyboy 36 months
scubasaurus 42 months
damseldoc 9 months

I there a correlation to the kind of food they were recommending?

Just seems odd.

While you're at it, has anyone seen anything from toddthecat lately?

I'd stay with protein. It will keep your blood sugar rock stable and keep you full. You only really need to eat when exercising when it's something really intense and long like long distance running or bike riding. In that case, your body is using cellular respiration as the ideal eneregy source and carbs help. Your body doesn't do that when diving.

Back
Top Bottom