For a cool $7.8 million you could see some cool stuff...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Happens a lot on Ebay, inexpensive items priced for 10's of thousands of dollars or more.

Probably a result of poorly configured automatic Ebay seller software or simple human error. Not worth making a thread about it, my 2 CENTS.

I don't think it is always an error, but I can't figure out the reason some people post items for sale for outlandish prices, when identical items are available for much less. For example, I have published several books; some are now out of print and some are still available from the publishers as new stock. I can understand when copies of an out-of-print book is offered and sold for more than its original price, but why do people offer copies of my books for hundreds of dollars, when the current edition is still available for the original price? I see that today, a seller on Amazon has three copies of my latest book on Tulum for sale for a mere $653.78 each! This is an Amazon seller with a five star rating and 386 positive reviews and no negatives over the past 12 months. I have seen offers of my currently-available books for resale for over $1,000 on Amazon and eBay. What gives? Anybody have an idea?

I can't remember how many times I have seen this. I buy a lot of books on Ebay and Amazon, and while there are usually several sellers offering a fairly competitive price, there are always a few who want some astronomical price for the item in question. This has been going on for as long as I can remember, and there has to be some sort of reason for this weirdness. Perhaps someone will tell us why here?

I don't think it is always an error, but I can't figure out the reason some people post items for sale for outlandish prices, when identical items are available for much less. For example, I have published several books; some are now out of print and some are still available from the publishers as new stock. I can understand when copies of an out-of-print book is offered and sold for more than its original price, but why do people offer copies of my books for hundreds of dollars, when the current edition is still available for the original price? I see that today, a seller on Amazon has three copies of my latest book on Tulum for sale for a mere $653.78 each! This is an Amazon seller with a five star rating and 386 positive reviews and no negatives over the past 12 months. I have seen offers of my currently-available books for resale for over $1,000 on Amazon and eBay. What gives? Anybody have an idea?

There's something funky with Amazons pricing algorithm. I remember reading an article on it, but it's something to the effect of increasing price based on the supply available, and the demand. Usually it's pretty smart, but every once in a while it goes off the rails and jacks the price way up for seemingly no reason.

Saw this and debating whether to sell my dog to help finance this amazing mask. I'm sure they would help see more dolphins, hammerheads, mermaids....Swimming/scuba mask | eBay

If anybody is interested maybe we could halfers?? I think we could convince the guy to lower or even drop his shipping price.

You have an $8 Million dog? Now I know who all that gourmet dog food is for.

I like that it is up against a baseboard, next to an indentation in the carpet. It's like they moved some furniture and "Hey, what's that thing? It's probably been behind the dresser since the beginning of time! It must be worth a fortune!"

Do you still get royalties on resales?

Do you still get royalties on resales?

That’s one I can answer. No. Both copyright law and patent law follow the one sale rule - the original sale of a patented object or copyrighted work exhausts all rights. Any original purchaser may resell free of copyright claims.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom