For now, curaçao trip is on

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

June 8 through 17!
If you have airline miles on AA (or one of it's partners), they are still offering a crazy stupid good deal.

It's lovely here. Headed to Porto Marie (and a Williburger) today

So for those on CUR or thinking of going in the next couple months, what's your back up plan if you test postitive while on the island as part of your US return testing before you depart back to the US? My understanding is that you will not be able to board and return on your flight.

Had a flight credit from last years trip, so upgraded to the front of the plane for a few $ more! Second on the 21st of this month so testing should be no issue, my plan if I did test positive is either pay for two more weeks and relax or commit some carefully planned infraction and get expelled from the country.

my plan if I did test positive is either pay for two more weeks and relax or commit some carefully planned infraction and get expelled from the country.
Curacao website states that you will be put into quarantine immediately but I did not see anything further explaining this. If you are put in government approved quarantine centers for two weeks confined to a room to be retested in two weeks (like I have read they do in Grand Cayman) that would be a deal breaker. You make it sound that you essentially just extend your vacation another two weeks. Would like to hear from others as well on this question. Thanks.

Curacao website states that you will be put into quarantine immediately but I did not see anything further explaining this. If you are put in government approved quarantine centers for two weeks confined to a room to be retested in two weeks (like I have read they do in Grand Cayman) that would be a deal breaker. You make it sound that you essentially just extend your vacation another two weeks. Would like to hear from others as well on this question. Thanks.
They refer to it being at your expense, I don’t know if they have “centers” to put you in but I don’t think so, I’m going on the hope that more and more people will vaccinate and follow the mask rules so that some of these rules in place will be modified for the better.

Good luck, have fun! And go find my Go Pro !!!!! Hahah! I had planned to come back this year and do some missions to find it, but alas, those plans are averted for now.

Redeem those tickets and come along

I'm SOL.... My vouchers (no refund) are with AirCanada, and thus are only useful out of Toronto, Canada. With the border being closed, I can't get to Pearson International to fly out. I actually tried to figure out if I could fly to Toronto from here, but flights to get there are like 12 hours as there isn't a direct flight (<1.5 hour drive), and as much as a flight to Curacao. Everything is x3 (wife and daughter), and with the wife still out of work (now nearing a year), and kid in college, it is somewhat tough to throw any extra money at something like this....

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom