For the fun of it. Who's your dive op?...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

More like Alison just being Alison....

:grinjester:

And Carlos being Carlos!!

I've done Coz twice. Once solo, and once with my 2 boys. (19&21). Alison both times....

I really like being able to dive my air/computer, and not being restricted to a timeline. Heading back to see her in June!

2. Better wifi would be great, better yet, ethernet plug in the room. Yeah... might be a pipe dream, but one could wish!!

Eva would LOVE to put Ethernet, but there is a structural issue in getting wires to all the rooms. The walls between the rooms are actually the structural support for the building & solid concrete. Not only not easy to breach, but also could effect the stability of the building. Wireless WI-FI is probably the best we can hope for.

---------- Post added January 10th, 2014 at 02:15 PM ----------

Not sure who you (Sharky60) dove with at Blue Bubble but I dive with Raul.

I think Blue Bubble is still around as part of Roberta's Eco tank shack something...

Yes, we dove with Raul at Blue Bubble, many moons ago. Love him, he's one of the top DM's on the island in my opinion. Very safety minded, good at finding things, especially tiny ones & a just a great guy.

Yes, Roberta owns both Blue Bubble & Scuba Shack, both office out of the same place SS has been forever, near Casa del Mar.

---------- Post added January 10th, 2014 at 02:20 PM ----------

.... he is EXACTLY my style (slow, slow slow!). And service par excellence....

wish we could teach that slow, slow, slow thing to EVERYBODY diving down there.

.... To this day, after every trip, he asks me what he needs to do to keep my business...

EXCELLENT customer service! I've NEVER been asked by a follow up by any dive op...any where.

EXCELLENT customer service! I've NEVER been asked by a follow up by any dive op...any where.
Many liveaboards provide comment cards to mail in and I recall one boat where the DM sat me down to specifically question me about my experience with them, but the practice seems pretty rare with land-based dive ops and resorts.

2003 first trip to Cozumel stayed at FA and used Dive House. Meh. 2004 to 2011 used Papa Hogs with Donny for a DM. 2012 went to Hawaii instead of Cozumel (waste of vacation time and money). 2013 back to Cozumel this time with Dive with Martin as Donny no longer works for Hogs and DWM got great reviews. We had a blast with a great dive op. Returning in late May this year, just booked DWM again.

Many years ago, there was fantastic DM with Del Mar Aquatics. He was the best. His name was Martin Aguilar. He then started his own operation called, "Dive With Martin". DWM became quite popular. Somewhere around 2000, Dario Hernandez, who worked with Martin at Del Mar and for him at DWM went off on his own, with a little help from some friends, including Scott Carnahan, formerly of DWM and ProTec in Playa. For several years we would just hire Dario and his boat for ourselves and friends. It was the best way to dive Cozumel. We have long ago lost conact with Dario. Orlando, at DWM, says he is still around with his boat.

I have led many dive shop trips that always used Dive Paradise. eh.

We have also used Blue XTSea, Liquid Blue, Blue Angel and a couple others. They were all top notch. There are plenty of very good small dive ops on the island. That should be the take from this thread. Sometimes it just comes down to chemistry with the DM and the people you are diving with. A whole new world opens up when you and like-minded divers go off the menu. The DM takes you to his favorite spots, often in-between defined locations. You do dives that most people aren't interested in. You dive spots that might be awful, but you might find something pretty unique. For those who are early in their Coz diving years, take the time to develop some relationships and the island and diving will go beyond what any tourist will ever experience.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom