For the most awesome dive experience you'll ever have!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I have heard that about shrimp but never about lobsters. If you do what you said you kill the lobster.

I have been doing this since 1959, and still doing it today with no ill affects with me or my friends and family.

You keep the lobsters alive till you get home. You cut the lobster in a way to remove the tail from the body. You remove ( devein ) the wast track, wash the tail and dry it and put in a freezer bag and freeze it.You have lobster all year long :D

Yes, I take over my limit of lobsters and on the way back to port I ask anyone who did not get their limit of lobster who have a permit from fish & game ( notice I did NOT capitalize f & g ) gets some. Now every one has their lobsters, what do you do with the rest of them ? You light the bar-b-q and through the lobster on it and party, party, party all the back to shore. Have some butter and lemon juice make some Margaritas turn the music up loud and dance you life away.
When you reach shore the f & g will be waiting for you and your friends to check what you have in your sacks. LOL

Yeah, go ahead and bad mouth me, I don't care !

No one can bad mouth you here. You did that yourself. You purposely over limit on lobster and then make other people accomplices to your poaching by giving them away. You're magically cool and a dive boat hero because the laws don't apply to you I guess. Great example for the other divers who read this board as well. I can tell you're proud because the post you replied to was about storing lobster, not about being a poacher. Also FYI, it's F&W, not F&G.

I posted to: " For the most awesome dive experience you'll ever have! " FYI

It was Fish and Game many years befor your birth.

I posted to: " For the most awesome dive experience you'll ever have! " FYI

It was Fish and Game many years befor your birth.

So your most awesome dive experience was poaching? Nice.

Also, it's not 1959 anymore. It's F&W.

Yes, the California Department of Fish & Game did change its name recently to the California Department of Fish & Wildlife.

Personally I detest the idea of anyone possessing more than 7 lobster (in hand and/or in freezer) and taking more than the legal limit and giving them away (those who receive them must have a CDF&W license IF they are on the same boat with you and if you give them away after you dock, YOU are in violation of the possession limit).

Yes, the California Department of Fish & Game did change its name recently to the California Department of Fish & Wildlife.

Personally I detest the idea of anyone possessing more than 7 lobster (in hand and/or in freezer) and taking more than the legal limit and giving them away (those who receive them must have a CDF&W license IF they are on the same boat with you and if you give them away after you dock, YOU are in violation of the possession limit).

All the divers I gave lobsters to had a license. All were given aboard the dive. NO lobsters were tossed overboard.
No one had more then seven lobsters. None were given at the dock. I know this is hard for some of you to understand but I think that anyone who pays for a Calif. fishing license and boat trip deserves a lobster.:D

---------- Post added September 27th, 2014 at 04:29 PM ----------

Don't forget the legal limit is seven in possession, not seven per day. If you have seven in the freezer you may not take more the next day.

What are you going to do get a search warrant to check my freezer ?:D

All the divers I gave lobsters to had a license. All were given aboard the dive. NO lobsters were tossed overboard.
No one had more then seven lobsters. None were given at the dock. I know this is hard for some of you to understand but I think that anyone who pays for a Calif. fishing license and boat trip deserves a lobster.:D

Then what you did does not violate the scenario I mentioned above so you were OK. But I think we will have to do a check of everyone's freezer to make certain possession limits were not violated (tee hee). I never kept more than four lobster in my freezer at a time just to be safe (but I live on the ocean so I could always take a few more any time during season).

If a diver captures AND eats more than 7 lobsters in a 24 hours period, is anyone going to check his/her stomach?

There is no way I could capture 7 lobsters in a day :shakehead: ...... but most likely I could eat 7 :D

If a diver captures AND eats more than 7 lobsters in a 24 hours period, is anyone going to check his/her stomach?

There is no way I could capture 7 lobsters in a day :shakehead: ...... but most likely I could eat 7 :D

Certainly not me (as far as checking stomach contents). I only do that with fish during scientific studies. But I'm sure your wife would find some great ways to prepare lobster for your culinary pleasure, Alberto.

There have been recent reports of a local dive operation emerging from the dive park with a guest diver (guided night dive?) who had taken lobster. From what I've heard, the diver took the lobster out in Descanso Bay where it would be legal but then transited through the dive park (a legal Marine Protected Area) and exited via the stairs. This would make that take illegal. I refrain from mentioning the operator's name since at present I have not confirmed this to be fact.

Back
Top Bottom