For the rest of us

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I guess it is official. The Mini-Meet-n-Greet is cancelled.

When it got down to just Ted and I, he PM'ed me asking if we really wanted to still go, since the weather looks downright lousy. I checked and agreed that since we were the final 2 and Ma Nature was not cooperating we should cancel. He gave me the option of canceling and I am doing just that.

The main reason we come to these affairs is for the people. The Meet'n and Greet'n.
Trust us, after diving Gilboa for at least 10+ years, We Have SEEN Gilboa.

However, don't lose hope. Ted and I will try to set up another weekend in May/June and kickstart another MnG.

Type at you again soon,

cldwdiver:
Well, I guess it is official. The Mini-Meet-n-Greet is cancelled.

When it got down to just Ted and I, he PM'ed me asking if we really wanted to still go, since the weather looks downright lousy. I checked and agreed that since we were the final 2 and Ma Nature was not cooperating we should cancel. He gave me the option of canceling and I am doing just that.

The main reason we come to these affairs is for the people. The Meet'n and Greet'n.
Trust us, after diving Gilboa for at least 10+ years, We Have SEEN Gilboa.

However, don't lose hope. Ted and I will try to set up another weekend in May/June and kickstart another MnG.

Type at you again soon,

What do you mean just Ted and you? I was still in! Oh well, I have to agree about the weather, forecast is still looking grim for Saturday. Guess folks further north have been seeing some snow, last night we had a tremendous hailstorm. LOTS of marble sized hail.

Ken

Sorry about that guys, but my kids gotta come first. I know you all understand, just feel bad that enough dropped out to doom the get together. This life stuff just gets in the way some times!

gtxl1200:
Yeah this is a real bummer but such is life. I have decided since this was a bust I was going to go ahead and for sure make it to the LADIES Dive Weekend

Wow, when did you get boobs?? :D

Just kidding, I was checking in on this thread because I thought I could make it and you guys CANCELLED!! Oh well...I didn't really want to drive 4 hours anyway! :sad:

SCUBAJENNIFER:
Wow, when did you get boobs?? :D

Just kidding, I was checking in on this thread because I thought I could make it and you guys CANCELLED!! Oh well...I didn't really want to drive 4 hours anyway! :sad:

well if you want to loan me yours I will have some then I can go to the ladies dive weekend.

I was kidding also about going to the ladies thing I wouldnt dare be within 10 miles of that. I'm not fond of being castrated. hehehe all you women together complaining about the male race YIKES.

sorry about cancelling out. It just wasnt to be. plus driving 4 hours to dive gilboa and then stand in the snow just wouldnt have been worth it.

:wavey:
I was there practicing on my new x-scooter. Did a dive in the deep on on the trailer.

:rocker:

The weather was actually pretty nice when we arrived at noon on Saturday, but Mike bent my ear for a while and the wind was really starting to howl by the time we hit the water. When we got out, the snow was really starting to fly, and on the way back south the grass was completely white in spots, combined with sleet. Yuck! You wouldn't have wanted to camp out there that weekend.

On the other hand, while the water seems a bit cloudy above 70ft, the viz was pretty awesome below 100ft!

I threw a few words about the dive in the KPP Chit-Chat thread.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom