Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

My early interest in our Oceans.Our Father, Gordon B. Evans took me down to the Redondo Beach Harbor to collect fresh sea water, each week for over a year. Having Parents who supported my projects was what it took. A happy Octopus, who loved small crabs.

Attachments

• miracosta001-fw.jpg
    miracosta001-fw.jpg
    149 KB · Views: 73
Found this intresting drawing showing the downward heel section on Force Fin.1981 I discovered this advantage of leverage over my Jet fin foot pocket. You can see the pink add on, with a earlier protype. The final Patent drawings allow you to see our form in a center cross section. I always had fun making this film with Vance Scott, but you can see why our foot pocket is the best design. Next Story.

Attachments

• heelsection001-fw.jpg
    heelsection001-fw.jpg
    24.8 KB · Views: 72
  • forcefin-scans269-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans269-fw.jpg
    84.1 KB · Views: 87
  • heelsection002-fw.jpg
    heelsection002-fw.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 74
The Flying Force Fin...what a story.FLYING FORCE FIN – Force Fin Here was a very large xxxl made for a certain Basketball player to swim agaisnt a Olympic swimmer, who won. But Force Fin still hold the World Record for distance swimmer.

Attachments

• flyingf_RR.jpg
    flyingf_RR.jpg
    201.4 KB · Views: 68
Once I designed the first " Split Fin" , Foil Force their were many other ways I played around.

Attachments

• 2006034-055-fw.gif
    2006034-055-fw.gif
    112.4 KB · Views: 71
Robert Flores pounding out lace holes on the SD-1 Military Force Fin foot pocket.

Attachments

• IMG_1498-fw.gif
    IMG_1498-fw.gif
    363.6 KB · Views: 76
My first Underwater design. 1970, The BUDDY MIRROR. A 180 degree mirror. I had my J valve get caught on a fishing net on the Olympic, 120 feet, San Pedro, California. I was happy my dive BUDDY Jim Pennington untangled the net. Without eyes in the back of my head I could not get loose. Aqua-Craft developed the BUDDY MIRROR and sold many at the time. Here my Dad Gordon B. Evans takes a view.

Attachments

• qq-1-clean-resized.jpg-fw.jpg
    qq-1-clean-resized.jpg-fw.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 61
Greg Holt, host of Scuba Radio Scuba Radio checking out " Sperm Force ". This design caused so much trouble at trade shows...besides if it hit you in the head you could get really slapped. What did I learn, alot. When using this design you moved with very little effort. The name summed it all up.

Attachments

• 2003-06-24-015.jpg-fw.jpg
    2003-06-24-015.jpg-fw.jpg
    139.6 KB · Views: 54
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom