Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The OPS with the Crown Blade. Later today will share molding making process with my assistant Robert Flores. You can twist the Crown blade into the right position for a Frog Kick. and add sharp knife blade at end for underwater combat (not shown) Knobs help in twisting blade while underwater. Why Force Fins Are Made In U.S.A. – Force Fin

Attachments

• l-26.jpg-fw.jpg
    l-26.jpg-fw.jpg
    59.5 KB · Views: 75
I had a hard time following this diver in the OPS. Once he figured out to do the twisting on the Crown blade he took the advantage of being a roller coaster. Raical scoop to give a fold out on down stroke, then it popped back to scoop. What a snap!. The center hole made for great surface swimming and gave a area to get your hands around the knobs to turn. One side could be twisted up while the other side turned downwards to Frog kick. Kind of hard to think all this took place over 20 years now. A Dolphin kick and you toasted the dive group or Buddy. Aqua Corps Cover Story – Force Fin

Attachments

• uu-3-fw.jpg
    uu-3-fw.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 68
  • uu-5-fw.jpg
    uu-5-fw.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 71
  • c-2-fw.jpg
    c-2-fw.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 76
I think Robert Flores has been my assistant for over 25 years now. Today he takes care of Force Fin orders and sents them to our Penn plant. Sometimes helps customers with strap changes. Our workshop on Kimbal Ave, Santa Barbara was the last place we were able to make designs and tooling. Here Robert is claying up the OPS foot pocket. Days of work to do it right. Inside this black OPS master was a machine plate. This way each connecting OPS foot pocket matched the Crown Blade and 9 others blade desings. When you see Roberts fleet of cars you see detail. That's what we do best. Why Force Fins Are Made In U.S.A. – Force Fin

Attachments

• 2002-christmas-full-disc-055-fw.jpg
    2002-christmas-full-disc-055-fw.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 85
  • 2002-christmas-full-disc-023.jpg-fw.jpg
    2002-christmas-full-disc-023.jpg-fw.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 82
  • 2002-christmas-full-disc-034-fw.jpg
    2002-christmas-full-disc-034-fw.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 93
  • 2002-christmas-full-disc-058-fw.jpg
    2002-christmas-full-disc-058-fw.jpg
    111.6 KB · Views: 87
  • flores__car.jpg
    flores__car.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 65
While swimming Santa Barbara Masters today thought about how clean the Force Fin edges are. I realized after diving in the first pair of Jet fins ( 20 Years) that vents created Eddys. Scubapro was a dealer for Dive N Surf. Water being pushed into a narrow slot starts drag. With clean leading edgs we pull the water over a flexing blade. One reason we stay on with out a strap. I will agree Vented fins work well for Frog Kicking, and cave diving.. with the water flushing back and forth helps in performance. Our Hockey fin works well for Frog Kicking and is also a cleaner fin design. But you need energy to flex blade. Underwater Hockey Force Fin – Force Fin Now only in Black.

Attachments

• ff-16.jpg
    ff-16.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 70
  • 47-close.jpg
    47-close.jpg
    121.8 KB · Views: 85
  • DSC_0276.jpg
    DSC_0276.jpg
    211 KB · Views: 68
  • ff-36.jpg
    ff-36.jpg