Force Fin Designs

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Working on a blog for the Vortex Generators on Force Fins fins. What did I learn ? Lot's. Till then working on a Blog to talk about our cost...will be interesting. #forcefinnersunite.

Attachments

• forcefin-56-fw.jpg
    forcefin-56-fw.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 62
  • Force-fin-vortex.jpg-fw.jpg
    Force-fin-vortex.jpg-fw.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 59
re cost : Worth every penny , I do not see them being so much more than the junk made overseas ? I have seen so many modern fin failures , brand new fins falling apart on first week of diving , not naming brands but I have seen it first hand .
I have Force Fins that are pushing 30 years old , other than strap replacement every 20 years they are as good as new .
I found a rubbing compound to clean up Tan Deltas and they look like new , give us more history , forget about the trolls bitching about price . LL

re cost : Worth every penny , I do not see them being so much more than the junk made overseas ? I have seen so many modern fin failures , brand new fins falling apart on first week of diving , not naming brands but I have seen it first hand .
I have Force Fins that are pushing 30 years old , other than strap replacement every 20 years they are as good as new .
I found a rubbing compound to clean up Tan Deltas and they look like new , give us more history , forget about the trolls bitching about price . LL
I was glad some one bought up our price, made us realize how much we hold up a product that should have never been. Sometimes it is good to step aside and say was this worth all the effort and cost for so little of a return..Be sure we made Millions for others.. When I get done with this blug, might be in 4 parts due to the length of story, everyone will understand a price jump. Appreciate your comments, one good side of Force fins meeting friends like you. Why Force Fins Are Made In U.S.A. – Force Fin

Attachments

• cue-plant.jpg
    cue-plant.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 69
This Force Fin design was for a swimmer. 1990. Each Force Fin was hand shaped by me. Countless hours with Bondo and sand paper. Looking at the end area. The wall thickness had to be just right for the Hot fast flowing Polyurethane to pour into. I was also working on a new style of foot pocket with a 2 part mold halfs. Making the 3rd part foot pocket was a real challenge. This fin never went anyplace but came the foundation for the Adjustable Slim Fin.SLIM FIN – ADJUSTABLE – Force Fin Really the first adjustable foot pocket to help in costing. Comes with 3 straps and all replaceable parts (10 year life) Start out at 16 teen and as the foot grows just change to the next strap size. Easy. Also helped in stores, kind of one size fits all. We have use this design on the Adjustable Dive blade. Adjustable Force Fin – Force Fin

Attachments

• gg-76.jpg-fw.jpg
    gg-76.jpg-fw.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 63
  • gg-75-fw.jpg
    gg-75-fw.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 64
Working on the most important Blog after "Costing Blog", your foot.. I learned how to make foot castings and made over 30. All ages and some real big feet and super small. I think the most fun I had was with my Pal Jean- Michel Cousteau. He loved the ky jelly foot rub. He also did a phone interview while I did my job. He is a super busy guy. At the time I was making the OPS for Ocean Futures team. What a 5 year adventure. Aqua Corps Cover Story – Force Fin

Attachments

• hh-14-fw.jpg
    hh-14-fw.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Cousteau-foot.jpg
    Cousteau-foot.jpg
    191 KB · Views: 63
  • cousteau-foot-1.jpg
    cousteau-foot-1.jpg
    138.4 KB · Views: 59
  • forcefin-scans223-fw.jpg
    forcefin-scans223-fw.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 56
The Buddy Mirror, my first commerical diver product. After seeing this product supported by owner Bill Martin of Aqua-Craft 1979, Bob Meistrell (Birthday today) said " Hey EVANS why don't you make a better fin"...the rest is history. Happy Birthday Bob Meistrell.

Attachments

• buddy-mirror001-fw.jpg
    buddy-mirror001-fw.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 51
  • buddymirror001-fw.jpg
    buddymirror001-fw.jpg
    187.1 KB · Views: 58
  • buddymirror002-fw.jpg
    buddymirror002-fw.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 65
  • buddymirror003-fw.jpg
    buddymirror003-fw.jpg
    69.1 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_5133-fw.jpg
    IMG_5133-fw.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 51
And now to dust problems down the line....Jimmy Gray working the clay parting lines. 28 Anacapa Street, Santa Barbara, California.1979

Attachments

• fr-39-fw.jpg
    fr-39-fw.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 50
The Fab Force got off to a great start...then a sewing contractor used the wrong thread on $75.000 worth of Fab Cast Blades. With the Scuba Press coming down HARD on us with FAKE FIN TESTS we could not get our feet back up to keep going. That was almost 20 years ago, we are now in a good positon to take on the project again.

Attachments

• fabforce001-fw.jpg
    fabforce001-fw.jpg
    166.6 KB · Views: 48
https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom