Force Fin sizing question

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Splitlip

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi All.

I want to try Force Fins. Unfortunately they are few and far between in my locale.
Therefore, I am watching a few on EBAY.
According to the FF size chart I need a Large with 3mil soft booties. According to some I have spoken to, I would be a medium large.

I wear a 9.5 to 10 (regular), depending on the shoe. Usually closer to 10. I hope to use the fins bare foot with inserts otherwise with a 3 mil soft soled boot.

Any thoughts from anybody?

Thanks.
Tim

I've got a pair I've not been able to give away. I used these with Rock Boots; diving with double 108's, plate and wings. I found these just didn't cut it for the mass I had to move. I used them 4-5 times and tossed them in the box. I've found Turtles or Jets can't be beat.

I don't recall the specific size, but I wear a size 13 boot. Do your homework before spending the cash on these. While I can't speak for others, money wasted for me. Since your going to be diving wet, with only a single cylinder, I suppose they could work since your not going to be meeting as much resistance while finning.

Ken

276900748_jQHPk-M.jpg

Last edited:
you would definitely be a medium large if you were bare foot. I would not suggest it though. I would go with a large and a comfort instep to make the fin more comfortable.

I am using an oneill 5mm soft sole boot, size 10 on my XL force Fin accelerator and Force Fin Extra Force. XL should be about what you will need for a 3mm soft soled boot.

If I had to go tech diving with doubles and etc. I wouldn't use the the pros. They kick too easily and not enough power. In my opinion. Accelerator is my favorite fin, it is fast and fun to use, easy to kick for general use. As for carrying large weight I would only consider in using my extra force. This has lots of power.

I am not sure what you intend to do. For general scuba I would use the Accelerator and next the pros. Probably, if you intend to use the xl force fin. You would need two pairs ofcomfort insteps if you intend to use bare feet.

You should B ok with a large. I have a size 9 boot with the hard rubber bottom ad sides and I use a xxl. I wouldn't use any other fin. Having a hip replaced Force fins R E-Z on my bad hip. I tried split fins and they didn't do the job. I can also walk with my fins on with all the equiptment tank and weights.

I have size 10 feet and wear the XL. About ready to put them on ebay, not because I don't like them, but the boss doesn't. ( XL Pro, yellow with bungee )

don O

I've got a pair I've not been able to give away. I used these with Rock Boots; diving with double 108's, plate and wings. I found these just didn't cut it for the mass I had to move. I used them 4-5 times and tossed them in the box. I've found Turtles or Jets can't be beat.

I don't recall the specific size, but I wear a size 13 boot. Do your homework before spending the cash on these. While I can't speak for others, money wasted for me. Since your going to be diving wet, with only a single cylinder, I suppose they could work since your not going to be meeting as much resistance while finning.

Its too bad you didn't give them more of a chance, I have been able to move doubles, drysuit, camera, pneumatic tools and lots of other heavy gear without issues, as have many, many other commercial and military divers whos livelyhoods are based on their ability to move quickly and accurately. With extensive testing of ForceFins they have shown themselves to not only be the most effecient fins that I have used, but they are the fastest and can move very large amounts of load. The place where people go wrong is that don't FEEL like you are developing any thrust, but in reality you are only developing thrust and not developing drag. This missing drag is why people think that the fins are working because they can't feel them.

I want to try Force Fins. Unfortunately they are few and far between in my locale.
Therefore, I am watching a few on EBAY.
According to the FF size chart I need a Large with 3mil soft booties. According to some I have spoken to, I would be a medium large.

I wear a 9.5 to 10 (regular), depending on the shoe. Usually closer to 10. I hope to use the fins bare foot with inserts otherwise with a 3 mil soft soled boot.

Any thoughts from anybody?
Tim

The XL should work better for you.

I have size 10 feet and wear the XL. About ready to put them on ebay, not because I don't like them, but the boss doesn't. ( XL Pro, yellow with bungee )

Don't let the Boss tell you what fins to use. if you like them, then they are the fins for you. The boss will just have to get over it. Specially the Yellow Pro w/ bungies, they have got to be one of the best, not only because its the Pro, it has the bungie, and in Yellow. Yellow is the best color going, it just seems to draw sealife to them. I always seemed to have a school of Tangs following me in them, not to mention had a green sea tutle chopping on them

Last edited:
I am your foot size and use a large....barefoot I use the pads...
I used to use FF's with a drysuit ,then some Quattro's and finally after eating crow I went to Jets which in a drysuit with doubles and stages are the best for that situation,they are good for that "granny gear" you need to move the mass...that's all I use them for however...any single tankdiving I do is with FF's and they are far superior to any other fin for that ....I also use free diving fins with singles sometimes and they are great for power straight line diving, horrible around a reef or wreck, due to size and they do require a lot of leg muscle to fire them up...overall FF's are the fin for me and I have been using them for around 12 years....
Yarg

Thanks all.
You've been a big help.
Tim

With 3mm booties, I wear ScubaPro Jetfins X-Large, or Turtle Fins Large.

You see, it varies by manufacturer. It is wise to try these on, first; over your booties.

My street size is #9 (American).

Yup. That is my dilemma. No place local for Force Fins (at least that I have found).

If I buy direct from anybody and have a fit issue, I pay shipping 3 times.

Now that I am thinking about it, I will post in the FF forum and ask. The link on the FF website is under construction.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom