Force Fin?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Joe R.

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
Just getting into drysuits diving and got a dui with rock boots. Now I need a new fin. I am very interested in trying force fins and from my research am narrowing it down to the Original Force Fin (extra model) with bungie heel straps. The price $225.90 is up there but while they look odd, I'm hearing alot of positive remarks. Before I spend the cash I would like to hear "your" opinion. Thanks, Joe R.:confused: :wave:

I own a pair of Pro Force Fin, and think they are great. Easy to put on and off, I bought mine alittle large and added removable inserts so I could use them with a wet or drysuit. I paid about $75.00 less what your price is. I have no complaints about these fins. They do look odd but, work good.

Mike M

Rodale doesn't appear to take the Force fins too seriously. They like the splits; Apollo, Atomic and Scubapro.

Next in preference have been Mares and Aqualung paddle type blades.

I love my force fins. For one thing you can walk forward in them if you need to.I used my instructors fins for a while and then had her order a pair for me. You should check out their website and follow the link to the reveiw the navy has on them. There is some good info there.

Good Luck

Now that I'm 'practicing frog kicking'...I'm concerned whether force fins work (I just bought force fin pros). I dove with an exceptional divemaster last year and if I remember correctly she was the only one not frogkicking and she had force fins. Of course 'they' say that the size of the blade is great for wrecks and don't stir alot. Hmmmforcefinfrogkick? Anyone tried it?

Originally posted by Joe R.
Just getting into drysuits diving and got a dui with rock boots. Now I need a new fin. I am very interested in trying force fins and from my research am narrowing it down to the Original Force Fin (extra model) with bungie heel straps. The price $225.90 is up there but while they look odd, I'm hearing alot of positive remarks. Before I spend the cash I would like to hear "your" opinion. Thanks, Joe R.:confused: :wave:

I'm pleased with mine (Pros), but they took some getting used to - the kick is different. They have adequate thrust despite their small size. Howver, I don't like them for snorkelling and when swimming on the surface in scuba gear, I roll on to my back.

Joe R,

Yes, the frog kick works well with force fins. I will start to frog kick if I start to get a cramp in my calf. I find that force fin's and frog kicking does help with stirring up the bottom also.

Mike M

I started with those fins. Don't like them at all. However I own a bunch. If you like them and are interested PM me. I currently use turtle fins. What I have found to be the best all around performer is a good old fasion paddle fin with appropriate size and stiffness for the diver.

Been using my pair of Force Fins for over 10 years and love them. You kick with the ankle instead of the foot. Small and light, not the best for snorkleing, but I'm not going to travel with the weight of two pairs.

Tried split fins and had no hovering control.

The bungee heel-straps are better.

WOW, I paid $110.

Back
Top Bottom