Forever Loyal, Rob Secher. Heartache.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I find it amusing that the same people that are whinning about Iraq and demanding a pullout are the same people spending bunches of money on advertising demanding Pres Bush do something about Dafur. More Muslums killing christans in the name of Allah.
Now back to topic please.
It's about time to start sending Xmas packages to the troops to get there in time for Xmas. Im thinking of sending some "In honor of"

What a great idea!!! Can we arrange some thing here?

Catherine,
I know you are very busy honey with all the details, remember we love you guys. Please remember we can help in any way. I hope if you need anything please PM me!

Catherine,

I don't know you, but my heart aches for your loss. There isn't a day that goes by that I don't sit and wonder about my love one who is also in Iraq. I am so sorry Catherine for you and the family members.

God bless.

Was Rob in the same unit from Hawaii with Lance Cpl. Derek W. Jones, who was also killed, Sunday? Jones was from Salem, Oregon and left behind a wife and two year old daughter.

If you care, about families in your community or young men and women in harms way, perhaps your own or someone elses',

If you've ever wanted to do something about what is going on but you don't know what to do,

If you've ever wanted to quietly demonstrate your support not of any politics or religion, but of the young people serving in combat zones overseas and their families and friends,

Check this site out:
http://patriotguard.org/Home/tabid/53/Default.aspx

(You don't need to be a vet or ride a motorcycle. Many aren't, and drive in their cars.)

Down the right side of the page are the names of young women and men who are being buried. Some are quite likely to be from your community.

You don't have to do anything but show up and care.

It doesn't matter how old or how young you are, or what you believe.

Just give a damn. That's all.

And if you think it doesn't matter to anyone whether you are there or not,

Go to the third button down on the left side and click on "letters of appreciation".

It matters to the mothers and the fathers of the young Marines and soldiers being buried.

If it really doesn't matter much to anyone else, that's enough.

ScubaTexan:
I just received this in an e-mail this morning. It was extremely moving... :116:

Farewell Marine

It was truly moving.

Catherine and Jim,

So sorry for your loss. While I was never in the military, there are, for me, too many familiar names on "The Wall". And I do have some small idea, from friends who have served, what it is like to loose a "brother in arms". Please know that our thoughts and prayers are with you, and Rob's family, friends and loved ones.
Catherine, your special bond with Jim will be a big help as he works through his (and your) loss.

Be well,

Mike

JB here...

Thanks to all for your kind words, thoughts and prayers. Rob has been a friend for many, many years. He was truly a Marine's Marine. Enlisted at age 17 in the infantry as a machine gunner and then guarding the President at Camp David and at Marine Barrack's Eighth and I in Washington DC, before getting a commission as an officer.

We met at the University of Memphis, instantly becoming best friends. He was actually one of the reasons that I became a Marine. We then served together at Camp Pendleton and deployed together with the 15th Marine Expeditionary Unit, him as the Fire Direction Officer for Battery B 1st Battalion, 11th Marines and I was a forward observer for one of the infantry companies for Battalion Landing Team 1st Battalion, 1st Marines. Living in a 10 x 10 room on ship with three other guys, one learns lots of things about one another. He went on to become an instructor at Officer Candidate School, to mold the next generation of Marine officers, no one could have done it better than Rob.

I could go on and on about Rob and about the man and friend he was, but I could never put it all in words in this short post. I consider myself lucky to have known Rob and to have been able to call him a brother and friend. He is missed and I hope to down a few beers with him in Fiddler's Green one day (that's an artillery thing).

Semper Fidelis,

JB

Semper Fi Mr american hero...... Your service and deeds will not be forgotten.

Back
Top Bottom