Forever Loyal, Rob Secher. Heartache.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Catherine and JB, I just found out this morning. It's hard to express the sorrow for such a loss. He was a proud Marine, just like Jim and we are lucky to have men and women like Cubby to fight for us. They go without question and do their duty.

Sad indeed.

thanks so much.

I have a manuscript he gave Jb before Jim left him. It is really riveting and poetic. I hope his best friends and pallbearers will consider writing the last chapter. An interesting assortment of men---A Juliard (NYU?) music major, an Instuctor at the Naval Academy, a Harvard Kennedy school of government student, Wall Street trader...etc, etc.

Also, must get a copy to his mother.

Hurry "home" Dennis.

Sounds like quite an accomplished human being. What a horrible loss.

hope to see YOU soon, Chantal!

That was a pretty intense story. Gives you a real prespective on what is going on and a insight on how things are going for our troops. The way Robert wrote could draw you in as though you were right there with him.

Catherine, thanks for the link to the news article. I read every word. Rob seemed like such an intelligent young man and a credit to his country. What a waste.

I agree. He was a class act too.

I cannot beleive JB hasn't read his manuscript yet.

I just got my Newsweek yesterday and Robert Secher was in it (like the link you sent). I don't think they printed the entire story like what is on line. It didn't say anything about his past or about writing a book later on. It did have some pictures in it though.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom