Forgot license... What to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OliDox

Registered
Reaction score
It depends on your organization.
With NASE, NAUI, SSI, TDI/SDI & IFDI, you can prove your diving level through a web page.
You can find all useful direct links to those pages on ifdi.info divers page: IFDI other info
With PADI, you may download their application or find your way through the replacement card process.

With other diving organization, it does not seem so simple...
Is there some of you who knows how to proceed in those other diving organisation?

Best regards.

Last edited:
that's cool...thanks for the info.

take a picture of your card, email it to yourself. Can usually get a printer at your hotel abroad....

It depends on your organization.
With NAUI, SSI, TDI/SDI & IFDI, you can prove your diving level through a web page.
You can find all useful direct links to those pages on ifdi.info divers page: https://www.ifdi.info/Divers.php.
With PADI, you may download their application.

With other diving organization, it does not seem so simple...
Is there some of you who knows how to proceed in those other diving organisation?

Best regards.
For PADI through the card replacement process: https://apps.padi.com/scuba-diving/replacement-card/

Don't forget it. Consider it part of your gear and carry it with you. Be prepared and avoid the issue. Do you forget your mask or fins? Why miss your chance to get on the boat? Your c card is one of the most important things in diving why would you forget it? I can rent or borrow gear. I can't do that with my training. I value my training and the proof that goes along with it.

take a picture of your card, email it to yourself. Can usually get a printer at your hotel abroad....

A good idea - with smart phones it should be possible to carry the copy around or as you say get a print out from a hotel/internet cafe

I scan my c-card, nitrox card, DAN card, & driver's lic onto a single page and print it out (& keep it on my computer/pad/or phone). I make a small "paper packet" with it along with copies of my passport, hotel, dive OP, rental car confirmations, etc. etc.. Sometimes it's a PITA to get access to a printer depending on where you are traveling. YMMV.

Interestingly, I tried this link. According to it, I have DSD, basic Nitrox and Rescue. Doesn't show OW or AOW, even though you couldn't possibly do Rescue without them.

That is almost always because of a slight difference in the record file, middle initial vs. no middle initial etc. If you are getting your PIC online your instructor should have looked up your old record file and added to that, but if they start a new one and one tiny shred of information is slightly different it won't show up.

Reactions: RJP
:hijack:
Quick question...

Been diving many years, and the recent past has me with a "new shop" and "new agency". Because of no history with them, all of my cards issued by them (EAN, Rescue, MSD) and future ones (Technical Decompression Diver & Helitrox Diver in progress) don't have my picture as it is based on the picture filed with O/W. Has anyone had trouble with cert. cards w/o a photo attached being honored (I'm thinking EAN is the only one that might be remotely "important")? I would expect a photo ID along with the card would suffice.... just wondering....

:focus:

Back
Top Bottom